Assistance Needed FWB P 8X air pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lakiraly

Assistance Needed FWB P 8X air pistol

Post by lakiraly »

Anyone currently own a Feinwerkbau P 8X air pistol and be able to give me some guidance with the trigger adjustments?
I've read the manual but converting the pistol over from right hand to the addition of a left grip and some additional trigger adjustments, I've messed something up. When I cock the lever back it does not always on the first try.
I'm open for suggestions?
brent375hh

Re: Assistance Needed FWB P 8X air pistol

Post by brent375hh »

It hard to diagnose trigger issues over the net.

Are you sure the new grip is not causing interference with the cocking lever? Try taking it off and see if full function is realized.

Is your recoil weight out of position?

Do you remember what screws you turned on the trigger? Adjusting too much overtravel out can make it seem like it is not cocking, but the reality is that it cant be released.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

spektr

Post by spektr »

I've done this a few times to my P44. there are cocking latches that you can impinge upon
if you crank a little too much rotation into the grip. 2 fixes. take a tiny bit out of the rotation, or
a teeny tiny bit of wood clearing with a small sharp chisel or xacto carving blade

its not the transport pin
lakiraly

Post by lakiraly »

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I will take the grip off and make an inspection based upon the suggestions and report back.
The problem seemed to occur as I was attempting to lighten the trigger pull and in an attempt to correct the problem I ended up adjusting F1, F2, S1, the trigger stop screw, and the creep screw #43.
lakiraly

Post by lakiraly »

I took the grip off and looked at the back of the pistol.
The absorber and position looked good.
I examined the opening below the absorber (I’m not sure exactly what it's called) perhaps where the sear engages?
Looked a bit dirty so I wiped it with a clean cotton swab, btw the last page of the manual (Page 38) shows that as one of the two places to place a small dab of special FWB grease.
I did not grease it but it's working a lot better now holding the cock when I pull the lever back.
Any additional thoughts from anyone?
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

If you adjusted #44 clockwise you may not have enough sear engagement. Turning it counter clockwise about 60 degrees should be enough to hold it, If that is the problem.
spektr

Post by spektr »

brent375hh wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:22 pm If you adjusted #44 clockwise you may not have enough sear engagement. Turning it counter clockwise about 60 degrees should be enough to hold it, If that is the problem.
Absolutely correct.... I made the assumption that grip interference was the issue without knowing you adjusted the screws.
lakiraly

Post by lakiraly »

That seems to have fixed my problem, I'll know for sure as soon as I have an opportunity to fire 60 rounds in practice.
Thank you for the assistance, I really appreciate your help guys.
I must say it's been an interesting journey switching from a right-handed shooter to a lefty, due to needing a right shoulder replacement due to the cartilage being gone and the bone-on-bone grind and pain.
lakiraly

Post by lakiraly »

Now I'm experiencing too much travel on the trigger before my shot breaks. I've read the instruction manual and have tried to make small changes one by one. Feeling no difference I put the adjustment back to where it was so as not to cause any additional issues.
Please enlighten me if you know how I can remedy the too much trigger movement before the shot breaks.
If possible send me a PM or email me at Lak9@bex.net if I could possibly phone for assistance, I'm located in Ohio.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Too much movement can come from three areas.

1. First stage take-up.
2. Second stage sear engagement.
3. Overtravel after the sear releases.

Use the appropriate screw to adjust the take up of the first stage until you like the travel. #48

Use the appropriate screw to adjust the sear by turning it in until it releases, and then back out about 60 degrees. #44

Once that is done screw your overtravel so that the trigger stops after the sear trips. #43
lakiraly

Post by lakiraly »

Thank you...I'll give it a try :-)