Air Venturi V10 Users?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Oldbear

Air Venturi V10 Users?

Post by Oldbear »

I recently purchased an Air Venturi V10 and I have been trying to improve my scores.

I have made grip improvements and a few other tuning changes but my scores haven't yet risen much over my Crosman 1377 scores.

I do suspect that this gun tends to kick up, but I don't know how common or serious this is for 10 meter shooting as I haven't shot many other target pistols. I can usually keep my shots in or near black.

Is there anyone else who has shot this gun and had issues or successes?
kevinweiho

Re: Air Venturi V10 Users?

Post by kevinweiho »

Although both the V10 and 1377 are pumpers, they are not in the same level of precision and power.

Years ago, I had the predecessor of the Air Venturi V10, (Gamo Compact) the main reason I sold it was because it was anemic in power,
and when dry firing the pistol many times, the brittle plastic posts that houses the trigger mechanism was cracking and falling apart!

You should have bought an Izzy or FWB 100 series, they are light years ahead of the Air Venturi when it comes to SSP pistols.

The small “kick” at the muzzle that is associated with airguns will not affect the accuracy, once you master the follow through.
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

I bought the V10 and use it. I mainly got it because it was inexpensive so I could see if it would be worth it for me to spend the money on a more serious pistol. For what it is, I can't complain about the V10. It has been a decent entry pistol to get me interested in shooting, although I did have to get my first one replaced because the tank developed a leak after only eight days.
Ade C

Post by Ade C »

On my old Gamo Compact I put some lead weights in the recess under the barrel. I find it just as capable as anything else I've shot. The trigger needs a fettle but considering the cost they're amazing pistols.
Oldbear

Post by Oldbear »

Ade C wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:34 am On my old Gamo Compact I put some lead weights in the recess under the barrel. I find it just as capable as anything else I've shot. The trigger needs a fettle but considering the cost they're amazing pistols.
I was considering doing this. There is a space near the muzzle that I could fit a lead weight that might steady the muzzle a bit with.
Oldbear

Post by Oldbear »

kevinweiho wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:43 am Although both the V10 and 1377 are pumpers, they are not in the same level of precision and power.

Years ago, I had the predecessor of the Air Venturi V10, (Gamo Compact) the main reason I sold it was because it was anemic in power,
and when dry firing the pistol many times, the brittle plastic posts that houses the trigger mechanism was cracking and falling apart!

You should have bought an Izzy or FWB 100 series, they are light years ahead of the Air Venturi when it comes to SSP pistols.

The small “kick” at the muzzle that is associated with airguns will not affect the accuracy, once you master the follow through.
I am suspicious that my 1377 might be as accurate as the V10 with small tweaks (my bench groups are about the same). One big issue is the grips on the V10 are pretty good and easily modified while even custom grips for the 1377 are not as snug on the hand.

Getting great trigger feel on the 1377 is tough, but there are a LOT of mods for the 1377 out there.
Oldbear

Post by Oldbear »

kevinweiho wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:43 am Although both the V10 and 1377 are pumpers, they are not in the same level of precision and power.

I am trying to find better guns to try but so far I only have my 1377 and V10 (and a Ruger Mark IV) to compare to.
Rover

Post by Rover »

A couple of bullseye shooters at my club bought these. They're pretty and will do for a starter and basement practice. I thought the trigger was really bad, but you might not know that until you've shot a "real" air pistol.

Way back, I had a GAMO. The best part of it was the grips. The rest sucked.