Availability of Walther weapons?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Cvb

Availability of Walther weapons?

Post by Cvb »

I ordered four months ago a new Walther SSP-E from Germany web shop. Orginal ETA was 1-2 months. Now after four months I got new ETA, again two months. Is this normal business from Walther? What you think?
McMadCow

Re: Availability of Walther weapons?

Post by McMadCow »

What country are you located in? I've had really great experiences getting parts from Walther USA. But they have a big presence in the States, so maybe that varies.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Cvb wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:08 pm I ordered four months ago a new Walther SSP-E from Germany web shop. Orginal ETA was 1-2 months. Now after four months I got new ETA, again two months. Is this normal business from Walther? What you think?
There is a world wide shortage of integrated circuits, which is causing havoc with all sorts of things. Given that this model has an electronic trigger, they may be having trouble getting the chips they need. I can't imagine it's a high volume item, and I would have expected them to have bought a good supply when they started production, but who knows...
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

I am glad for the people who had a good experience with Walther USA.

Trying to find parts, and knowledge of the latest free pistol, that was still showing on their website, proved a disappointment. I decided after numerous rounds of people playing hot potato phone transfer, and then hang ups, plus 3 unanswered emails, they were not my kind of company. The newest air pistol looks tempting, but knowing what I know about their desire to introduce new products, and not support the old, put me off.

Umarex seems to excel at selling cheap Co2 replica pistols. The LGV I bought when it came out was discontinued in two years. I tried to get a new trigger a couple of years later, but couldn't get hold of anybody that thought they had any spares.
Cvb

Post by Cvb »

Gwhite wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:57 pm There is a world wide shortage of integrated circuits, which is causing havoc with all sorts of things. Given that this model has an electronic trigger, they may be having trouble getting the chips they need. I can't imagine it's a high volume item, and I would have expected them to have bought a good supply when they started production, but who knows...
Yes I know that shortage but I think that this should be something different. I try to order pistol from Germany where should be best availabity because Walther is Germany company.
If companies has problem with chips, why only Walther has problem? Stayer's and Morini's electronic pistols has in stock on every dealer on Europe and I think that those pistols has much higher volume.

Now it's not suprise why Pardini is so popular, you cannot bye Walther SSP.