You guys still "chokin' it"?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

You guys still "chokin' it"?

Post by Rover »

I was browsing the Archive (bottom of page) for interesting posts. One item of "concern" was pellet head size. Still is, I guess.

In my own (and Pilk's) opinion, only lot number seems to matter when seeking tightest groups. Can't tell some folks that, though.

So, just to mess with your melons: your barrel is probably "choked", so that ANY size pellet you put in the gun will come out "sized."

Hmmm.
Green_Canoe

Re: You guys still "chokin' it"?

Post by Green_Canoe »

Rover wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:32 am SNIP

So, just to mess with your melons: your barrel is probably "choked", so that ANY size pellet you put in the gun will come out "sized."

Hmmm.
Mmmm, Yes... But how much does it get sized is the critical question... :^)
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

You could always slug the barrel.
Stan
william

Post by william »

You could always stop blowing smoke in your own eyes and concentrate on what's important. And that doesn't include slugging, sizing, comparison-testing, or anything else with your pellets except feeding them into your pistol's breech and then completing the shot process.

On the other hand, maybe wasting time on pellet testing is the most productive way for some to fill up an otherwise empty life.

Repeat after me: "ROVER KNOWS BEST!"
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

I think attempts at 7th grade humor is even a bigger waste of time than pellet sizing. I buy 4.49 only because they just fit into my barrel without having to push very hard, not for perceived grouping.

I am more interested in the best score shot with a FWB 80. That actually does intrigue me.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

I like 7th grade humour. And I think that william is on the money. Too much time spent on all those things can bring you undone mentally.

Bob