Benelli MP95 first clean

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rudi

Benelli MP95 first clean

Post by Rudi »

Hi wise folks.
I'm still loving my 30 year old MP90s and it's taken me to a second year as club small caliber pistol champ using the Aguila standard rounds which were mentioned on this group some time ago. Bonus that the Aguila only cost around 3.40 euros per box of 50.

So after using mine several times, and loving the "Benelli effect", my buddy bought and reserved a second hand MP95, I had visited the shop a while back, saw it, and we went together to check it out. Since these only appear once or twice a year in the Netherlands, it was a no brainer. He just has to wait another month to pick it up.

To my question, the buffer is beginning to crumble which is an easy fix, he'll order a second mag (delivered disassembled due to NL/EU laws). however, as is with many gun stores who aren't used to more "sensitive" trigger units, I have a feeling they may have just made it shop ready by cleaning the whole gun out with a dose of WD40. My MP90 has a smooth feeling trigger, and I've never oiled or greased anything. This MP95 feels great, solid action however everything in general feels a little "dry". Now I'll get him through cleaning, oiling and greasing the other parts, using Mr Whites awesome videos, however what can be done at a first strip, to give the trigger movement a not so dry feeling and keep it running so that it generally doesn't need to be touched?

Thanks for any tips.

Rudi
63697386416__D8C7B873-0CC8-4378-AA27-D06DB700465B.JPG
Gwhite

Re: Benelli MP95 first clean

Post by Gwhite »

The trigger in the MP95 doesn't have the degree of adjustability the MP90 trigger does, but the core components (hammer & sear) are the same. Hopefully you can put a small amount of grease on a toothpick and apply it to the mating surfaces of the hammer & sear. You can get at them from underneath, and you can probably to do it with the pistol fully assemble. If they hosed it down with WD40, that can leave a sticky residue. You may want to clean it with a plastic-safe aerosol cleaner like that sold for delicate electronics.

I've run into some that were a bit rough due to burrs on the hammer or sear. Fixing that is possible, but it involves using special lapping compound and a fair amount of care. I can provide notes on that, but I'd try cleaning & greasing it first.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

My MP95 has a "dry" feeling to the trigger too, and it's not the sear. I have found that a drop of oil on the trigger pivot pin helps a lot, but it needs to be reapplied regularly. I suspect the pin is rotating in the plastic module body, and it's the plastic giving this feel. It's rather slight, and it responds to oil, so I generally ignore it.
Rudi

Post by Rudi »

thank you both again as usual!
Leon

Post by Leon »

order a second mag (delivered disassembled due to NL/EU laws).

Unbelievable !

Are they trying to stop the crime gangs from gaining access to 5 shot Olympic pistol mags?