Scatt vs live fire scores?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

merick

Scatt vs live fire scores?

Post by merick »

What is the ratio of your scatt scores to your real live fire scores to competition scores?

And yes I understand scatt is a training tool and I should be working on other metrics not the score.

In these days of shortages I can see I'm making progress (sometimes anyhow) and I'd like to be able to make a fair estimate of where I'm at in reality without burning ammo I can't replace.
David M

Re: Scatt vs live fire scores?

Post by David M »

Many years ago I live fired on a Scatt with 6 match's, long story short we had less than 70% coloration between the Scatt and the paper target.
Anatoly Actov was one of our coaches at the time, he was one of the Scatt inventors then modified the software.
Since then the shot dispersion of the Scatt was changed and its better but still not good enough to shoot a score.
Use the Scatt as a analytical tool for training not as a scoring machine.
Ramon OP

Post by Ramon OP »

Forget ratios. Only compare SCATT to SCATT and competition to competition.
Ramon
Moy

Post by Moy »

I would argue it's more useful to track the hold times / speeds / etc on scatt, not the actual scores. Scatt scores are full of lies. But the trace, and the numbers for the steadiness of the hold - that's some extremely useful information.

And yes I agree with the above - I only track scatt vs scatt, and never compare it to live fire directly. I track both, but in separate spreadsheets.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

It's my observation that the Scatt software relocates the center by averaging the movement of the bull just after calibration. The fact that it only needs one sighter, and that it can be pretty much anywhere inside the black, is my evidence. The sighter might be an 8 but the first shot lands magically on call.

So, it's relative not absolute. I use it only for the data, and not score.