AP20 Competition Question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
B Lafferty

AP20 Competition Question

Post by B Lafferty »

Will an AP20 with the fatter air cylinder fit the box and be allowed at the firing line?
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
rmca

Re: AP20 Competition Question

Post by rmca »

The box inner dimentions are 420mm*200mm*50mm with a 0 to +1mm manufacture tolerance.
Clamp two boards 50mm apart and see if you can slide the pistol in the middle of them.
The other dimentions are too generous that no pistol fails on them...

Hope this helps
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

rmca wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:19 am The box inner dimentions are 420mm*200mm*50mm with a 0 to +1mm manufacture tolerance.
Clamp two boards 50mm apart and see if you can slide the pistol in the middle of them.
The other dimentions are too generous that no pistol fails on them...

Hope this helps
Hammerli lists the width as 50mm I don't yet have one in my possession. Presumably it will fit the box. Thanks. :-)
william

Post by william »

In over 20 years, I've only seen one AP not fit the box. Embarrassingly enough, it was mine! My fresh-from-Arnie Vitarbo grip was too thick to let the box close. A couple of minutes with a coarse file, and Bob's your uncle.

As for cylinders, has anything ever had a thicker cylinder profile than the original Hämmerli 480? And they made the cut with no problem.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

william wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:27 am In over 20 years, I've only seen one AP not fit the box.
It's quite common with Steyrs when people build windage into the grip.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

I just ordered one. I'll decide later about a second cylinder. The slimline with built in gauge is twice the price. Next, perhaps a steel rod surgically inserted in my wrist-arm?

I'm also having Andrew Berryhill scan my Benelli Kite grip and make a copy for the AP20.
william

Post by william »

B Lafferty wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:24 pm I just ordered one. I'll decide later about a second cylinder. The slimline with built in gauge is twice the price. Next, perhaps a steel rod surgically inserted in my wrist-arm?

I'm also having Andrew Berryhill scan my Benelli Kite grip and make a copy for the AP20.
Pay the upcharge for titanium - much more better!
rmca

Post by rmca »

william wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:37 pm Pay the upcharge for titanium - much more better!
Nop... Carbon fiber is the way to go!