How do these get scored

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
thessler

How do these get scored

Post by thessler »

Hi
I'm pretty new to this game, alot to learn. I'm looking at the monthly AP postings and some guys show a picture of a paper target with all 60 shots on it . Yet post individual ten shot scores adding up to the total. Some of those targets have one big hole in the middle. So how do you keep track of what shot went where and when ?
When I shoot I need to use six different targets. Of course on my level I could probably do it on one and have 60 different holes. But keeping track would be a challenge.
Thanks, Tom
Dcforman

Re: How do these get scored

Post by Dcforman »

Hey Tom!

Leave your initial target on the trap, and place targets 2-6 over it, making sure they each line up! At the end, your initial target will show all 60 shots.

Dave
VonKasta

Post by VonKasta »

I think its my targets you refer to 😄
Just as previous post says I leave the first target as a backer after scoring it and put a fresh one in front of it for next series.
I do this to get a better understanding of my grouping
10m: Steyr Lp1
25m: Morini CM22RF
CF: Benelli MP90s 32WC
50m: Toz35/Vostok mu 2-3
thessler

Post by thessler »

Wow so simple, I never thought of that.
Thanks, Tom
Rover

Post by Rover »

What the guys didn't tell you is that the group on the 60 shot target gives you a perfect indication of your zero. Ignore your FUBAR shots and make a sight change based on the center of the "big hole". Four clicks per scoring ring is somewhere in the ball park. Rinse and repeat.
spektr

Post by spektr »

Put up 2 targets at the start and you get to keep the first one with its string of holes.....
David M

Post by David M »

As well as a backing target, if you shoot up to 540 then 10 shots a card is OK, between 540 to 565, 5 shots per card.
Above 565 shoot 2 shots per card and competition one shot per card.