Who has Rink grips on their LP10?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
brent375hh

Who has Rink grips on their LP10?

Post by brent375hh »

I received Rink grips for my Toz, and they fit perfect. Its like they used my hand as the mold. So perfect that when I pick up my Steyr, it doesn't feel as good. I didn't notice an issue until I did a direct comparison. I have questions that some of you could maybe answer.

Did your Rink grips come with the sheet metal L shaped plate that the adjustment screws sit on?
Did they come with the mounting bolt?
For those that might also have a Toz. Do the two grips feel identical, at least in regard to hand sizing?

Thanks.
rmca

Re: Who has Rink grips on their LP10?

Post by rmca »

The grip comes with a L metal plate screwed in the grip so it doesn't fall out like the original.
The grip is cut so you dont need the plastic spacer.

I think mine came with the bolt... but it was seven ago...

My TOZ has a morini grip on it, so cant say...
bking

Post by bking »

I recently put a Rink grip on an LP10- it did come with the mounting bolt.
bootneckbob

Post by bootneckbob »

I've got a Rink grip on my Evo 10 e. Don't recall it coming with the metal plate, I thought that came with the pistol. Pretty sure it had a different bolt to attach it though.
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

I have Rink grips on Toz, Morini CM84, and Steyr Evo10.

> Did your Rink grips come with the sheet metal L shaped plate that the adjustment screws sit on?

A metal plate is already attached to the grip, no need for the plastic spacer.

> Did they come with the mounting bolt?

I seem to remember it came with one or two bolts of different lengths.

> For those that might also have a Toz. Do the two grips feel identical, at least in regard to hand sizing?

Mine are (and feel) definitely different.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

gimgim wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:48 pm I have Rink grips on Toz, Morini CM84, and Steyr Evo10.

> Did your Rink grips come with the sheet metal L shaped plate that the adjustment screws sit on?

A metal plate is already attached to the grip, no need for the plastic spacer.

> Did they come with the mounting bolt?

I seem to remember it came with one or two bolts of different lengths.

> For those that might also have a Toz. Do the two grips feel identical, at least in regard to hand sizing?

Mine are (and feel) definitely different.
Thank you. That last Statement is most helpful, and unfortunately what I was afraid of.
stephen_maly

Post by stephen_maly »

I had a Rink grip on my LP10, and I still have a Rink grip on my TOZ-35. The fit is noticeably different on each. There is a steel skeletonized frame inside the TOZ which the grip has to fit around. Not so in the case of the LP10. My LP10 grips fit perfectly, but the TOZ finger ridges are in the wrong place. It just takes some getting used to; that's all. Probably if you found a way to fit the breach lever on the side of the gun instead of underneath, you could have grips which fit the same way as on your LP10. If you want a fit more like that of an the LP10, you would need to switch to a different free pistol.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

stephen_maly wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:52 pm I had a Rink grip on my LP10, and I still have a Rink grip on my TOZ-35. The fit is noticeably different on each. There is a steel skeletonized frame inside the TOZ which the grip has to fit around. Not so in the case of the LP10. My LP10 grips fit perfectly, but the TOZ finger ridges are in the wrong place. It just takes some getting used to; that's all. Probably if you found a way to fit the breach lever on the side of the gun instead of underneath, you could have grips which fit the same way as on your LP10. If you want a fit more like that of an the LP10, you would need to switch to a different free pistol.
I am just the opposite. My Toz fits me like they used my hand as the pattern. I would buy Rink for my air pistol if I was sure they would fit the same. It sounds like that isn't probably likely.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Instead of buying of the shelf Rink grips for your LP10, tell Rink that you want an LP10 grip with the dimentions of the TOZ grip.
Rink's real strength is the ability to custom make grips or copy existing grips that fit you well.
That is what I did with my LP10. Modifyed the original grip until it fit, then send it to Rink to copy. Best money I spend on the pistol.
The "standard" grip he offers is always a gamble, like the factory ones are. They may or may not fit you...

Hope this helps
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

rmca wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:24 am Instead of buying of the shelf Rink grips for your LP10, tell Rink that you want an LP10 grip with the dimentions of the TOZ grip.
Rink's real strength is the ability to custom make grips or copy existing grips that fit you well.
That is what I did with my LP10. Modifyed the original grip until it fit, then send it to Rink to copy. Best money I spend on the pistol.
The "standard" grip he offers is always a gamble, like the factory ones are. They may or may not fit you...

Hope this helps
It helps.
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

> but the TOZ finger ridges are in the wrong place

This is exactly my experience with the Toz and Morini Rink's grips

> Rink's real strength is the ability to custom make grips

I believe they can also 3D scan your hand (on site? never tried it though).
I assume you may be able to do this remotely if you ask them what format they expect.
rmca

Post by rmca »

He does not 3D scan your hand, he makes you a grip with putty that he then scans.
You can watch a video of it were: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5OgAnGg4mc
Turn the subtitules on, in english.

You can send him a 2d drawing of the shape of your hand, by using this: https://www.formgriffe.de/en/shpSR.php? ... 255&p3=369
That get's you a standard grip, that may fit you reasonably well, but it may not be enough.

Modify a grip you have to make it fit. Putty and rasps as Rover said.
Then, after you shot with it for a couple of months and adjust it further, send it to Rink to copy.
Or if you have a grip that fits you well in another gun, send that one and ask to make one that fits the gun you want. The weigth and size diference of the guns may make the grip feel different... Take that in account.

Hope this helps.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

3D scanning your hand isn't really adequate. Hands are squishy. Knowing the geometry of an open hand doesn't tell you how firm the muscles are (and where), the exact location of the joints etc. Even scanning the hand in a gripping position won't tell them everything, and scanning the inside of the hand is tricky anyway.

The problem with sending them a grip you have modified to feel great doesn't mean it will necessarily shoot great. Lots of people use putty to get a grip that fits their hand perfectly, but that doesn't mean it won't twist all over the place if their grip pressure varies even slightly. It also doesn't allow for variations in the hand due to temperature or hydration levels.

It's all pretty tricky, and subject to a lot of personal whims & variations. Finding a grip shape (no matter how ugly) that shoots great can take a long time. If all the rasp marks & putty offend you, then it's worth getting a pretty copy made.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

The official reply is that the Toz and LP10 are very different grip frames. So even if I sent my Rink brand Toz grips as a model for 3D, the grip hand size could be similar but not exact. I was hoping that since the LP10 only has a rod going down that it would be easier to make "Toz like" grips for a LP10, than "LP10 like" grips for the Toz.

I might still take the chance. If they fit wildly different, I can probably eventually sell them.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Gwhite wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:17 pm (...) The problem with sending them a grip you have modified to feel great doesn't mean it will necessarily shoot great. Lots of people use putty to get a grip that fits their hand perfectly, but that doesn't mean it won't twist all over the place if their grip pressure varies even slightly. It also doesn't allow for variations in the hand due to temperature or hydration levels.

It's all pretty tricky, and subject to a lot of personal whims & variations. Finding a grip shape (no matter how ugly) that shoots great can take a long time. If all the rasp marks & putty offend you, then it's worth getting a pretty copy made.
Cound't agree more.
That is why I said to shot with it first for a couple of months before sending it.
The objective of a well fitting grip is to point the gun naturally to the target, without having to break/twist the wrist, while the front sight falls right between the rear sight.
Confort and feel are nice, but secondary to fit.

Hope this helps.