Shooting from a rest.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DWood

Shooting from a rest.

Post by DWood »

Just wondering...

Can you keep your group in the 10 ring when shooting your AP from a rest? I’m not taking about a vice, I mean any old rest that supports the pistol. I have shot some groups with my AP20 from a bag rest and my groups are well within the 9, but not any better.
Rover

Re: Shooting from a rest.

Post by Rover »

Try it AFTER your calming breakfast margarita.
DWood

Post by DWood »

Rover wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:56 am Try it AFTER your calming breakfast margarita.
Noted. It’s past breakfast, So I will try after my mid afternoon whiskey.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Try to not be so precise. Staring at your sights for a long period of time, while holding your breath, makes you groups bigger. The first look you get at your sights, in under 5-6 seconds, is all you need to press the trigger and get a surprise break.
Put your gun in some kind of a sand bag so it can't move at all. Then line it up to perfection. Then keep staring at it, and you will think it needs a slight adjustment.
rmca

Post by rmca »

If it's not clamped, to get into the ten ring you have to have perfect sight aligment and a good trigger squeeze.
It's almost like shooting it one hand... Nine or eight ring is far easier.
One more thing, the closest you are to the rear sight blade, the more dificult it is to align the front sigth...

Hope this helps