Tennessee Tech's rifle team

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Floyd1977

Tennessee Tech's rifle team

Post by Floyd1977 »

(TTU response on top...my letter below...supporters need to get together)
"Mr. Houston,
We have agreed to keep Rifle as an intercollegiate sport for this upcoming school year.
However, if the present budget situation remains as is in the state of
Tennessee, then the sport would in all probabilility be eliminated after the 2003-04 year. We will make efforts this year to gain additional outside financial support. If the support is there, we will revisit this issue.
Supporters of rifle at TTU need to step forward and provide a base of
financial support to make the sport cost effective.
Frank Harrell
Associate Athletics Director
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 2:05 PM
To: fharrell@tntech.edu
Subject: Fw: Tennessee Tech's rifle team

----- Original Message -----
To: <PPARROTT@tntech.edu>; <RBELL@tntech.edu>
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 11:12 AM
Subject: Tennessee Tech's rifle team

Dear Dr. Bell and Mr. Henningan,
My name is Floyd Houston. I'm from Burke, Virginia. I'm a retired Marine and I'm also President of the Arlington Optimist - Acorns Combined Junior Rifle Club. Last week we won the open National Smallbore Team Championships at Camp Perry, Ohio. My junior shooters are talented, driven, and invariably college-bound. I'd hate to have them ignore a wonderful school like Tennessee Tech - you offer so much to the young people of America.
Please work very hard to keep your fine rifle team as an NCAA Div 1
program. They don't cost much compared to other programs. Thank you very much for your thoughtful consideration.
Sincerely,
Floyd Houston
LtCol USMC (ret)"
f.houston-at-starpower.net.42766.0
Annie Goodman

Re: Tennessee Tech's rifle team

Post by Annie Goodman »

As it says in the letter from Mr. Harrell, the team is still not secure. If you are interested in sending a donation to help the team stay as an NCAA Div. 1 sport, please e-mail me at dgshootr@yahoo.com your address and I will send you a donation card in the mail. Please don't send a generic check to the school, b/c it will put in a general sports fund, and could end up w/ the football team!! Thank you to everyone that has supported the team--let's keep it up so another championship team isn't lost.
Annie Goodman
dgshootr-at-yahoo.com.42769.42766