Which pistol?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Dan

Which pistol?

Post by Dan »

While this question has probably been asked many times previously, what air pistol is the best all around value? I have no problem paying top money for a top pistol, but don't want something that is tempermental, prone to repair, or not worth the asking price. Can't seem to find a retail shop in Arizona that carries the top end stuff that would allow examination. Thanks.

David Levene

Re: Which pistol?

Post by David Levene »

: While this question has probably been asked many times previously, what air pistol is the best all around value? I have no problem paying top money for a top pistol, but don't want something that is tempermental, prone to repair, or not worth the asking price. Can't seem to find a retail shop in Arizona that carries the top end stuff that would allow examination. Thanks.

You are right, the question has been asked before. As such, you will probably get the standard answers.
People will claim that Steyr, Morini, Pardini, Sam, FWB, Walther and probably others are the best value. All are fine pistols and, in general, reliability is not a problem.
I am afraid that the real answer is that the best value pistol is the one that you feel the most comfortable with and happiest shooting.

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.42693.42690
william

Post by william »

Don Nygord is in Prescott, Arizona.

politt-at-1stcounsel.com.42699.42690
CB

Post by CB »

I got my LP10P from Don Nygord in Prescott, Arizona. I got 7000 round through it and nothing wrong. I just had to play around with the grips and try to make it feel right. I'm in Ariz. too.
You can try-out the pistols there at Nygords.
: While this question has probably been asked many times previously, what air pistol is the best all around value? I have no problem paying top money for a top pistol, but don't want something that is tempermental, prone to repair, or not worth the asking price. Can't seem to find a retail shop in Arizona that carries the top end stuff that would allow examination. Thanks.

Curtis.Begay2-at-mail.IHS.GOV.42704.42690
Rodm

Post by Rodm »

You forgot to mention what type of pistol you were looking for, Air, Standard, Free, ?? Each will get you different answers but the best answer is to go somewhere you can get a feel for them. I went to visit Don and he let me spend most of an afternoon making up my mind which pistol fit me best. His selection is quite good. If you are near Phonex you might check in with the Phoenix Rod & Gun Club there. They meet regularly. If not Phoenix you can check for a club in your area.
: Don Nygord is in Prescott, Arizona.

ramadsen-at-iname.com.42705.42699
Tacoma

Post by Tacoma »

I'd have to argue that the best VALUE is teh izh-35M. HArd to find fault in the way it performs for $210. However, wen you wnat to crank in convienience of a gas gun with refined fit, finish and durability, It would hard to beat a Steyr, Morini, Walther etc. : : While this question has probably been asked many times previously, what air pistol is the best all around value? I have no problem paying top money for a top pistol, but don't want something that is tempermental, prone to repair, or not worth the asking price. Can't seem to find a retail shop in Arizona that carries the top end stuff that would allow examination. Thanks.
:
: You are right, the question has been asked before. As such, you will probably get the standard answers.
: People will claim that Steyr, Morini, Pardini, Sam, FWB, Walther and probably others are the best value. All are fine pistols and, in general, reliability is not a problem.
: I am afraid that the real answer is that the best value pistol is the one that you feel the most comfortable with and happiest shooting.