Compressed Air Cylinder

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Rc

Compressed Air Cylinder

Post by Rc »

Do I have to detach the pressurized air cylinder from my compressed air pistol every time I've fininshed shooting?
I'd appreciate someone who would advise me on this. Thanks.
kwcheng-at-idirect.com.42629.0
Aussie Bob

Re: Compressed Air Cylinder

Post by Aussie Bob »

I wrote to FWB about this same question. Their response was that the cylinder should be unscrewed far enough that the valve in the cylinder was closed and there was no pressure left in the gun.
Cheers from down under
Aussie Bob

blambert-at-acay.com.au.42630.42629
Paul

Post by Paul »

Have a Steyr. Warren at Pilkertons told me that if one shoots reguarily to not worry about it and just leave it on until it needs a charge, works for me!
Paul
kd6aw-at-cox.net.42639.42630
May

Post by May »

I have the same impression, too.
Unscrewing and screwing the cylinder will only add to extra wear and tear to the threads and the o-rings, and in the process you lose some air every time in or out.
Lewis Reinhold

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Yes,just leave it on.

lewisbelinda-at-yahoo.com.42668.42639
Hektor

Post by Hektor »

Dryfireing single stroke pneumatics damages the gun. What happens with CA guns?
hsdino2-at-aol.com.42697.42629
Mark

Post by Mark »

: Dryfireing single stroke pneumatics damages the gun. What happens with CA guns?
I can't speak for all CA guns, but with the Steyr airguns, firing them with no air pressure being supplied by the cylinder (as opposed to dry-firing using the built-in dry fire mechanism) should cause no damage as the gas valve opens against the force of a spring, thereby protecting the valve from "bottoming out".
The beauty of many modern CA guns is that their designs incorporate built-in dry fire mechanisms which can be operated at any time, irrespective of cylinder pressure.
Mark.
Pete W

Post by Pete W »

I have a Steyr CO2 rifle that sat for over 4 years while I went from one back surgery to another. After all that time, I picked it up, loaded a pellet and fired. It still had enough pressure for over 100 rounds before changing cylinders.

CWells4638-at-aol.com.42721.42639
Jerry LeVan

But on the other hand...

Post by Jerry LeVan »

I let a Morini 162EI sit for about 5 weeks and the pressure dropped to zip.
--Jerry