K 58 issues

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tinky

K 58 issues

Post by tinky »

Shoots great but the cocking lever drops (open) at the shot. Any suggestions for corrections prior to a shipping to Tampa for repairs?

Thanks nax555@verizon.net
william

Re: K 58 issues

Post by william »

It's obviously a goner. I'll do you a favor, take it off your hands, and pay you its scrap value. ;-)

And whatever you do - don't listen to Rover on the subject.
tinky

Post by tinky »

Thanks.,,,I like him too but he must be busy as he hasn't responded.
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

Just part of the pistol wanting to go semi automatic!
Rover

Post by Rover »

I don't really know the fix, but there is a place I would look.

Where the lever pivots there is a serrated disc that is pinned. Move the disc so the pin goes into a different serration.

Good luck.
tinky

Post by tinky »

Thanks Rover. I just tried that and the pinned disk rotates freely with the charging.Changes location of the pin into the disk.Maybe the pin is not out far enough. I recall on a previous k-58,Tim Schmidt,adjusted the power needed to cock the pistol using that disk.It's been a while.Don't know if he is still in the business. Last I saw he was selling all his stuff.Treated me very well.
I recall another of your friends indicating that he sold and repaired Pardini's.Wonder if he has any thoughts.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Sounds like I nailed that one. Unfortunately, my friend is dead....no help there.

I guess you'll have to try Pardini. There are some posts on TT so you can find them, though you could call Pilk.

You might plead on bended knee to Gwhite, Kludgemeister Extraordinaire. He might give you a pitying glance.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Thank you for the vote of confidence, Rover, but I know nothing about K58's.

I'm not sure what it is about Italian pistols. I'm in the middle of lengthy debugging experiments on Pardini SP's, Benelli MP90/95's and MatchGun MG2's. At least with the lockdown, I haven't had a lot of distractions...
tinky

Post by tinky »

Thanks for the comments.Rover,I'm sorry for your loss.I know the difficulty;had a good friend die 7 years ago yesterday and his birthday would have been day after tomorrow.Can't help wondering if there will be any one left for my funeral. As for Pilk.The last time I called there was for another friend needing seals for a FWB 300,figured I get a set for mine also.Lady answered the phone and gave me a price(even took my cc number, address ,etc). When they didn't come as expected,I called again and boss said that I must be nuts because they don't sell them,they are saved for their repairs.The lady that answered the phone must have made a mistake but wouldn't own up to it.P'd me off that he would call me a liar.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I'll put you guys on my mailing list for my famed "BORN TO SUFFER!" T-shirts.