old Air Pistol rehab stories?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Hamster

old Air Pistol rehab stories?

Post by Hamster »

Have you rehabbed an older air pistol? Was it worthwhile? My story -- last summer I bought an old Walther CP2 that turned up at a local gun store, from an estate. This week, I got it back from the Walther dealer in Canada, with its new springs and seals (special ordered from Germany) installed. My first AP. What a beautiful pistol. The CP2 was (I gather) a top of the line Olympic AP in its day. This one's obviously a high quality product. Chrono'd at 440 fps with the new parts. From a rest, this gun really will put every pellet into the same hole at 10m (not that I can do that freehand, yet). It's CO2, but I gather that technology is as accurate as scuba air, within its temperature range. That's not an issue for me, shooting in balmy Vancouver, BC, mainly indoors. And the cost? $300 to buy, and another $400 in parts and service from the excellent Canadian Walther AP dealer in Birch Hills, Sask (airgunsplus.ca). And another $80 for a new fire extinguisher, with a siphon tube, filled with liquid C02. Call it $800 all in. The least costly new AP in Canada, the Hammerli AP20, goes for around $1,000 (no tank). I haven't fired an AP20, or any other modern serious AP, so I don't know how this renewed CP2 would compare. But it's a remarkably fine product. A bit heavier, I'm told, than a modern AP, but I don't mind that (speaking as a TOZ fan).
lalka686

Re: old Air Pistol rehab stories?

Post by lalka686 »

When I started shooting air pistol and joined our club, there was a pair of Pardini K60 CO2 pistol that no one was using because they leaked like a sieve.
It was hard to screw on the cylinder without emptying it, some members called them paperweights. My pistol at that time was TAU-7 match, also CO2 powered. I got kind of laughed at when I brought it to fist Winter Airgun at OTC, because it looked like my pistol was missing the air cylinder under the barrel. I shot 559 my first day which brought some respect to the old CO2 pistol. After that, I bought both of those K60s from our club, made my own spanner wrenches & bought two seal kits ($30 each) to reseal the pistols and cylinders. The shoot great ever since but you have to keep light coat of lube on all the seals. I also ended up using decommissioned 20 lbs. CO2 fire extinguisher from work ($0) with threaded adapter that I made to accept the Pardini filler adapter. Currently, I'm using Pardini K12 air (you can't travel to competitions by plane with full cylinder and there are no CO2 refill stations at OTC or Forth Benning, but I believe the K60 trigger is the best from all air pistols I have ever tried. I may dust one off for a local competition we have next week. The main thing is, Co2 or air, they are all capable of shooting 600 out of 600 without problem and it's all up to us to make it there.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I've owned two or three from the CP series. Nice, sturdy pistols. I wouldn't hesitate a second to use one in competition, plus you can get over 200 shots from a single fill.
F/V Icy Swan

Post by F/V Icy Swan »

Bought a CO2 LP10 and had Scott convert it to PCP. Shoots great, but, unfortunately, I don't.

Mike