FAS SP602 - any problems with these?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mark S

FAS SP602 - any problems with these?

Post by Mark S »

I am looking at a secondhand FAS SP602 std pistol. Is there anything to look out for in them, and are there any common problems in them?
Mark
David Levene

Re: FAS SP602 - any problems with these?

Post by David Levene »

: I am looking at a secondhand FAS SP602 std pistol. Is there anything to look out for in them, and are there any common problems in them?
: Mark
My favourite Standard Pistol of all time (when fitted with a heavy barrel shroud). To be honest though, they do need regular adjustment to keep the trigger "click" (those who have ever felt it will know what I am talking about).
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.42474.42473
KenGordon

Re: FAS SP602 - any problems with these?

Post by KenGordon »

great target gun, but dealers and repairs are not what they could be. had mine since 1979 and still use it. took off the heavy shroud and put on the standard one when I mounted the UltraDot.
served me well at Perry in 1980 where I received awards in warm-up aggregrate, .22 aggregrate, slowfire, timed and rapid fire.
magazines can be fussy; keep 'em clean.
examine and replace the buffer as the old one may have hardened and lost its elasticity.
the only function-related change I've made recently is to cut down the firing pin spring, as I was getting light hits on my favorite RWS Pistol Target ammo. all is ok now.

kpgordon-at-comcast.net.42478.42473