Morini 162 I question about fill adaptor

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
whitefox545

Morini 162 I question about fill adaptor

Post by whitefox545 »

Hi! all, I purchased a pistol from a friends estate that appears to have been shot VERY little as most of his collection dose. I went to fill the air tube with the supplied fitting and it all leaks out before you can bleed the fill unit. It is not one of the cylinders that you normally remove to fill but has a fill nipple on the front end of the tube ( I believe it may be a early build pistol, serial #2877) that the fill fitting threads on to with quick fill adapter on the other end. The nipple on the cylinder appears that it should have two o rings on it as there are two grooves in it but there are no o-rings there ?? can anyone tell me if there should be and if so what size they may be? The pistol was either sold by or serviced by our host as it has their Pilkington emblem engraved into the receiver side. I have been told that I can buy a new air tube from the newest model and it will fit and have a gauge in the front end of it and need to be removed to fill . I briefly tried to unscrew the existing cylinder by hand but could not. (yes I am sure there is no air in it) I will remove the barrel tomorrow and use a wrench to try to remove it as it has flats for a wrench on both ends of the cylinder. Any advice you can give me would be very much appreciated!! Thanks in advance. J.L.
David M

Re: Morini 162 I question about fill adaptor

Post by David M »

You have a number of options.
If your pistol is the origional with the fixed tank, it can be upgraded with a removable tank kit (Morini part M290).
This replaces the frame adaptor/pressure regulator and is now supplied with only one removable tank, air bleeder and new refill adaptor.
Or you can re seal the old tank with new O rings and repair it.
Just be aware that the old tank (last supplied in 1998) is now well past the end of it's 20yr life.
I no longer fix these tanks for legal reasons but will fit the removable tank kit to upgrade a pistol.

Here are the O ring sizes, but I strongly urge you to fit the removable tank kit.
Do not try to remove the old tank as the tank also has the pressure regulator attached.
Morini CM 162E O-Ring Sizes
162020A MORINI 0-RING 8 X 1.5mm (Filler Seal Green Viton 1Off)
162007A MORINI O-RING 12 x 1.5mm (Air Cylinder Body to Gun 1Off)
162008A MORINI O-RING 23 x 1.5mm (Air Cylinder Seals 2off)
162027A MORINI O-RING 3.5 x 1.2mm (Pellet Probe 1Off)
162020B MORINI O-RING 3.8 x 1.2mm (Internal Fill Valve Seal)
162052A MORINI O-RING 5.5 x 1.5mm (Firing Valve Seal 1off)
162001A MORINI O-RING 6.5 x 1.5mm (Barrel Seal 2Off)
162010A MORINI O-RING 3 x 1.8mm (Air Cylinder Air Release Unit Green Viton 1Off)
Nitrol 90 can be used instead of Viton.
whitefox545

Post by whitefox545 »

Hi David, Do you sell these parts or can you tell me some one that dose? I would really like to just try putting on a new o-ring on the fill nipple first to see if the rest of the pistol functions as it should before I invest a lot of money in it as I really don't know how much I will use it as I am much more of a rifle than pistol guy. Thanks in advance for your great reply J.L.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Take your cylinder down to Ace Hardware and snoop through their O-rings. Even if it's not the proper composition you'll still have your answer.
whitefox545

Post by whitefox545 »

Hi! Rover, thanks for the reply!! I have a fair amount of o-rings on hand as I work on my other air guns so I put one on that looked like it was a fair fit and I was able to fill the cylinder to 200 bar with no air leaking from any were so I went to bleed the fill line and all of the air drained from the tube so I would imagine that the one way valve is not closing and stopping the air from coming back out of the cylinder. I filled it again this time I left the line connected and cocked and fired the pistol a couple times and it seems to function properly. To get to the valve the end will have to be removed from the tube so I am on the hunt for two 27mm wrenches that are narrow enough to work so as to not damage the tube when removing the tube end. I removed the barrel for access and tried a strap wrench with out success ? And yes I am certain that there is no air in the tube or plenum. J.L.
whitefox545

Post by whitefox545 »

Well I made a thin 27 MM wrench and removed the air fill end of the air tube and removed the fill valve and spring. It had some debris in it so I cleaned everything and reassembled it and it filled fine this time with no leaks. Seems to shoot fine but I'm sure the o-rings should all be changed as you said if it is at the newest a 1998 model. If anyone knows of anyone that has an o-ring kit here in the U.S. please let me know and I will order it and change them. I'm sure it is just a mater of time till the start letting go and leaking!! Thank you to all who replied!! J.L.
David M

Post by David M »

Check with your local Morini dealer for a conversion kit.
Highly recommend fitting the conversion and not using the old tank.
Forget the ISSF 10yr life, the fixed tanks are outside the legal 20yr life for a alloy pressure tank.
whitefox545

Post by whitefox545 »

I definitely will David, Thanks for your help and advice!! J.L.