Morini AP Differences

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jscot111

Morini AP Differences

Post by jscot111 »

What are the differences between a 162ei and the 162ei titanium. Looking at the specs on there website they appear to be the same except for color and different cylinders ? Are new 162ei different than the older ones that used the 15v battery ?
Thanks, Scott Duthie
Coolmeester

Re: Morini AP Differences

Post by Coolmeester »

Same gun, but there is digital manometers in titanium model.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

if my memory is ok the titanium model had a new valve from titanium of course. it was lighter and therefore had less locktime. i dont know if it is the same these days. and of course the digital manometers. the current ei model has a different board (2xAAA batteries) and grip from the old one (15V)
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

My 162EI is close to 20 years old, and has the two AAA batteries. The 15V battery hasn't been used in their air guns for a long time.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

BTW you can get those 15V "photo" batteries again! The 504, right? My ancient Triplett multimeter was out of commission for years without one.
Coolmeester

Post by Coolmeester »

ghostrip wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:43 am if my memory is ok the titanium model had a new valve from titanium of course. it was lighter and therefore had less locktime. i dont know if it is the same these days. and of course the digital manometers. the current ei model has a different board (2xAAA batteries) and grip from the old one (15V)
Few years ago I asked that from Morini. As far as I know that lighter hammer was only in earliest titanium guns they made. Morini changed it back to original pretty soon.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I did some research on the 15V batteries a while back: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18470&p=95785#p95785

I've been using the Exell's in my free pistol, and have been very happy with them. As an aside, I wouldn't put Duracells's in anything of value. I've had a number of things messed up or destroyed by leaking Duracells. An acquaintance worked for them a few years back, and said the company was well aware of the leakage problem, and couldn't be bothered to fix it.
jscot111

Post by jscot111 »

Thanks everyone for the replies. Seems like the 162ei is a better buy than the titanium.
Scott
BEA

Post by BEA »

As stated, the titanium model had a titanium striker to speed up the lock time. These new strikers were failing so that idea was dropped.
bigaaron

Post by bigaaron »

BEA wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:50 pm As stated, the titanium model had a titanium striker to speed up the lock time. These new strikers were failing so that idea was dropped.
I was told the same thing from Morini, back in 2017 , so why is Champion choice advertising them this way:
(As CM 162EI but in Titanium color and 3.7 g hammer for faster valve opening and reduced recoil )
BEA

Post by BEA »

I have no clue. My information is several years old but I got it from what I believe to be a reliable source. Whatever the case is, they were having some problems with the titanium model that were not experienced with the standard model.