References to help beginner setting new rifle?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Unicum81

References to help beginner setting new rifle?

Post by Unicum81 »

Hi all,
I just got a FWB 800W air rifle and would need some guidance for setting it up properly. I am a beginner and these days it is not easy to find an instructor...sigh. Is there any good online resource I could use?
Thanks!!
L.
40xguy

Re: References to help beginner setting new rifle?

Post by 40xguy »

If you posted a city you live in or near, perhaps someone close by might be willing to help you. If you'd rather do it yourself, get a copy of book called "Ways of the rifle 2009," it's worth every cent. Go to web site: https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product ... ifle/Books
Hammer to shape, file to fit, paint to match...
Unicum81

Post by Unicum81 »

Hi,
thanks @40exguy! I'll get a copy of the book.
Also, I currently live near Boston but will soon move to NYC, in July. I would be happy to find and work with a coach in that area, although I am starting thinking it will not be easy!!
pfiori

Post by pfiori »

There is a club near Boston in Taunton Mass. http://www.tauntonmarksmanshipunit.org/ that has some excellent coaches if that is convenient to you.
Also, if you are focused on air rifle only, there is another book from Centra titled Air Rifle Training and Competition that you would find helpful.
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

Unicum81 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:40 am Hi,
thanks @40exguy! I'll get a copy of the book.
Also, I currently live near Boston but will soon move to NYC, in July. I would be happy to find and work with a coach in that area, although I am starting thinking it will not be easy!!
As Pfiori noted TMU is an excellent resource. If you are near he north shore I am in southern NH and know other coaches in Northern/eastern MA that can help. Feel free to pm for more info.