Olympic Target Specifications for 10 meter air pistol shoot

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Brian Edmonds

Olympic Target Specifications for 10 meter air pistol shoot

Post by Brian Edmonds »

Can anyone supply the target specifications for the Olympic 10 meter air pistol competition?
I am using a software package called "Graph Paper" where you can design your own targets. I am designing a target that shows radial increments in 1 mm. but I don't know how wide to make each scoring band. Are they evenly distributed, exponentially or distributed such that all band areas are equal... I don't know?
I checked the ISSF rules but they just jump you around without providing this information.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Brian Edmonds
brian.edmonds-at-alum.wustl.edu.42238.0
TCK

Re: Olympic Target Specifications for 10 meter air pistol sh

Post by TCK »

http://www.issf-shooting.org/Rules/gene ... rules.html
All specifications of targets are listed on Chapter 6, section 3.
Check page 2.
akihmsa

Post by akihmsa »

Would buying a B-40 target and measuring off of it help?: Can anyone supply the target specifications for the Olympic 10 meter air pistol competition?
: I am using a software package called "Graph Paper" where you can design your own targets. I am designing a target that shows radial increments in 1 mm. but I don't know how wide to make each scoring band. Are they evenly distributed, exponentially or distributed such that all band areas are equal... I don't know?
: I checked the ISSF rules but they just jump you around without providing this information.
: Any help would be appreciated.
: Regards,
: Brian Edmonds

David Levene

Rule 6.3.2.6 is clear

Post by David Levene »

: Can anyone supply the target specifications for the Olympic 10 meter air pistol competition?
: I am using a software package called "Graph Paper" where you can design your own targets. I am designing a target that shows radial increments in 1 mm. but I don't know how wide to make each scoring band. Are they evenly distributed, exponentially or distributed such that all band areas are equal... I don't know?
: I checked the ISSF rules but they just jump you around without providing this information.
: Any help would be appreciated.
: Regards,
: Brian Edmonds

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.42262.42238
Jerry LeVan

Bah, use Edelman Targets

Post by Jerry LeVan »

Hi Brian,
I think you will be much happier if you bit the bullet and buy the Edelman targets.
These targets are made of a special short fiber paper that will make clean holes, much cleaner than on any paper that you can print out on your computer. (I tried...)
I typically shoot twenty shots per target and only occasionally have difficulty scoring the target. A 250 count package of targets only costs about 12 dollars and will do five thousand pellets.
--Jerry
jerry.levan-at-eku.edu.42268.42238
akihmsa

Re: Bah, use Edelman Targets

Post by akihmsa »

Jerry is right, at a nickle apiece it is hard to justify the time and cost of making them yourself and the Edleman make nice round hole instead of long ugly tears. Also the bright white printer paper looks very different than the tan paper most targets are printed on. Hi Brian,
: I think you will be much happier if you bit the bullet and buy the Edelman targets.
: These targets are made of a special short fiber paper that will make clean holes, much cleaner than on any paper that you can print out on your computer. (I tried...)
: I typically shoot twenty shots per target and only occasionally have difficulty scoring the target. A 250 count package of targets only costs about 12 dollars and will do five thousand pellets.
: --Jerry

Jim Elkins

Post by Jim Elkins »

: Would buying a B-40 target and measuring off of it help?: Can anyone supply the target specifications for the Olympic 10 meter air pistol competition?
: : I am using a software package called "Graph Paper" where you can design your own targets. I am designing a target that shows radial increments in 1 mm. but I don't know how wide to make each scoring band. Are they evenly distributed, exponentially or distributed such that all band areas are equal... I don't know?
: : I checked the ISSF rules but they just jump you around without providing this information.
: : Any help would be appreciated.
: : Regards,
: : Brian Edmonds
Brian:
Found the info you need at the following website:

http://home.earthlink.net/~loko/Shootin ... ction4.htm

jelkins771-at-icu2.net.42763.42260