grips

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Seton thomas

grips

Post by Seton thomas »

grips are very important , if they werent everyone wouldnt be buying dremels and arttacking them LOL
Ruben holds out that u should by good stuff and practice with it .and this is the correct start ! Well Sean, our Natl junior champ did that and became Jr. natl champ :)
He recently visited me for help with his free pistol . We spent 5 hours refining his grip and discovering what he really required in his grip. We completed the mods and he left. He recently returned from a big shoot where he shot with them in comp.His scores in tough natl. competition jumpeded 10 points over his personal best! so much for buying good equiptment and practicing LOL. we are talking about a champion here ! Most seasoned competitors would KILL for 10 points in frtee pistol :) Such results are not always forth coming but are not unexpected!
Barry Markowitz because of his deforned hand (from being stepped on by 240 #football players) was a challenging case where the adjustments in the grip were not sufficient . After doing his grips barry informed me his 50 meter scoresc had jumped oner 20 points ! A special case yes but hes happy . He flew my to Hawaii so i could personally fit him .He is a dedicated shooter altho isolated from competition.
After Bill DrmereSt broke his free pistol
grips we spent 7 hours fitting his new ones . Initial results showed an improvemrnt of over 10 pointsover his old ones .
Sean has since returned to get his AP grips fitted as he realized now that they really didnt fit. He brought his father with him and we fitted his fathers FQB103 as well . A new shooter , he was delighted with the differnces:) Special note! Both Sean and his father are lefties another special case :) results speak for themselves
seaton2-at-frontiernet.net.42144.0
Reuben K.

Re: grips

Post by Reuben K. »

Seton(sic),
I never said I was any kind of expert in this type of shooting.
Not everyone can afford to fly you to them or come to you. What is your advice to someone that is a hobby shooter? There are a lot of non-world class shooters that may need help but can't really afford it. There is no argument from me that a properly fitted grip can really help.
Yes, people like Bill Demarest and Sean Ragay are obviously very competent shooters and probably can benefit the most from your work. But you would have to admit that they must have done a lot of hard work to learn important fundamentals of shooting before they even came to you.
Question, did Bill Demarest use a Seaton Thomas grip when he shot his world record score? Does it really matter?
From what I have read and seen of Barry Markowitz here on the internet, I am not too impressed. How is he isolated from competition? Aren't there any matches were he lives? If not, can't he travel to one or get some of his friends and make one? There are also postals. I think that there is no excuse to compete if you really want to.
Thank you for your time,
Reuben
: grips are very important , if they werent everyone wouldnt be buying dremels and arttacking them LOL
: Ruben holds out that u should by good stuff and practice with it .and this is the correct start ! Well Sean, our Natl junior champ did that and became Jr. natl champ :)
: He recently visited me for help with his free pistol . We spent 5 hours refining his grip and discovering what he really required in his grip. We completed the mods and he left. He recently returned from a big shoot where he shot with them in comp.His scores in tough natl. competition jumpeded 10 points over his personal best! so much for buying good equiptment and practicing LOL. we are talking about a champion here ! Most seasoned competitors would KILL for 10 points in frtee pistol :) Such results are not always forth coming but are not unexpected!
: Barry Markowitz because of his deforned hand (from being stepped on by 240 #football players) was a challenging case where the adjustments in the grip were not sufficient . After doing his grips barry informed me his 50 meter scoresc had jumped oner 20 points ! A special case yes but hes happy . He flew my to Hawaii so i could personally fit him .He is a dedicated shooter altho isolated from competition.
: After Bill DrmereSt broke his free pistol
: grips we spent 7 hours fitting his new ones . Initial results showed an improvemrnt of over 10 pointsover his old ones .
: Sean has since returned to get his AP grips fitted as he realized now that they really didnt fit. He brought his father with him and we fitted his fathers FQB103 as well . A new shooter , he was delighted with the differnces:) Special note! Both Sean and his father are lefties another special case :) results speak for themselves