the best reloading tools for 32swl?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

christophe

the best reloading tools for 32swl?

Post by christophe »

what are the best reloading tools for 32 swl ?
for shooting in compétition?
with a taper crimp

thank you for answer
Christophe
tofmail-at-free.fr.42074.0
Mako

Re: the best reloading tools for 32swl?

Post by Mako »

I use a Dillion 550B Progressive loader ... go to the Dillion web site and order a free Blue Press catalog ... or faster ... call them: 800-223-4570
Ask them about dies for .32 S&W Long Wadcutter (not Long N.P.!)... they might make their own now ... I think I use Lee dies.
You need the extra small powder bar ...
1.2 grains of VV N310, Lapua or Fiocchi brass, Federal primers, H&N match bullets in .312 for my Pardini HP ... slugged at .311

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.42084.42074
JLK

I agree with Mako, plus...

Post by JLK »

I would try to get a carbide sizing die.
I also use a 550B to load for my Unique 32U.
It works great with Lee dies.
You MUST get the small powder bar!
JLK
Bob

Post by Bob »

: I use a Dillion 550B Progressive loader ... go to the Dillion web site and order a free Blue Press catalog ... or faster ... call them: 800-223-4570
: Ask them about dies for .32 S&W Long Wadcutter (not Long N.P.!)... they might make their own now ... I think I use Lee dies.
: You need the extra small powder bar ...
: 1.2 grains of VV N310, Lapua or Fiocchi brass, Federal primers, H&N match bullets in .312 for my Pardini HP ... slugged at .311
I agree, I use the Dillion 550B, small powder bar, carbide dies but with 1.6 grains of Bullseye for my loads of Hornady 90 Grain HBWC. Going to be trying the VV N310 soon as well as I hear it works well also.

Mako

N310 is unbelievable clean .nt

Post by Mako »

: : I use a Dillion 550B Progressive loader ... go to the Dillion web site and order a free Blue Press catalog ... or faster ... call them: 800-223-4570
: : Ask them about dies for .32 S&W Long Wadcutter (not Long N.P.!)... they might make their own now ... I think I use Lee dies.
: : You need the extra small powder bar ...
: : 1.2 grains of VV N310, Lapua or Fiocchi brass, Federal primers, H&N match bullets in .312 for my Pardini HP ... slugged at .311
: I agree, I use the Dillion 550B, small powder bar, carbide dies but with 1.6 grains of Bullseye for my loads of Hornady 90 Grain HBWC. Going to be trying the VV N310 soon as well as I hear it works well also.

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.42122.42100
Jeff Jordan

Post by Jeff Jordan »

: what are the best reloading tools for 32 swl ?
: for shooting in compétition?
: with a taper crimp
:
: thank you for answer
: Christophe
***I use a Dillon XL650 for reloading my 32 SW long. as others have said, don't forget to order the small powder bar-it DOES NOT come with the 32 caliber conversion kit.
i assume you will be shooting DEWC's or HBWC's. The Dillon guys my try to seel you their extended powder funnel-DONT BUY IT!! I did that based on their recommendation, and got a buldge in every case due to the funnel plunging too low into the case. The standard funnel provided with the 32 caliber conversion kit will work perfectly.
'
Regarding crimp. Dillon's dies don't use a roll crimp, which is typically used with 32's and 38's. They use what they call "accu-crimp". To my eyes, it's a roll crimp. Maybe they just want to apply their own name to it??? Their dies work great with my 32 ammo. They feed perfectly every time.

jjordan5-at-columbus.rr.com.42188.42074