Doubt with a brand (Help please)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
graceshooter

Doubt with a brand (Help please)

Post by graceshooter »

Hi everyone,

Can somebody tell me what brand is the handle of the gun? Somebody knows?

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-monik ... 36943.html

Thank you so much!
Leon

Re: Doubt with a brand (Help please)

Post by Leon »

It will be quite hard to identify as it is completely covered with stickers...
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Whatever it WAS, it's definitely been puttied (& also probably carved) to fit the shooter. Given that it's a Steyr pistol, it probably started out life as a Steyr grip, but it's been modified, perhaps extensively.
hurt

Post by hurt »

Looks like it has been modified for extreme angle...but hard to tell from this angle! Fingernails look nicely polished!!
graceshooter

Post by graceshooter »

Leon wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:38 pm It will be quite hard to identify as it is completely covered with stickers...
Gwhite wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:07 pm Whatever it WAS, it's definitely been puttied (& also probably carved) to fit the shooter. Given that it's a Steyr pistol, it probably started out life as a Steyr grip, but it's been modified, perhaps extensively.

Yes, is kind of difficult to see what is the brand of the handle with all this stickers but I didn't find a better picture to show.

I was asking because I didn't know if out of Spain, there was a popular brand who make the handles with the same structure (it's obviously that, anyway, is very modified, I know).

In the picture it shows the shooter Monika Karsch, If this is helpful. But all the images that I found there were similar.

The impressive thing is that the anchor bolt of the handle is in the beggining, not at the middle. And for this I don't know if it is a common handle gun or is another one which I don't know.

I was doubting between two types of handles but I think that is a Pardini very modified...
hurt wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:03 am Looks like it has been modified for extreme angle...but hard to tell from this angle! Fingernails look nicely polished!!
Yeah, this angle is very extreme. I think she set the handle with that angle and rebuilt the entire top and, even, I believe that she had to made another hole for the anchor bolt.

But, without any doubt, her nails are fabulous hahaha
Th.

Post by Th. »

Rink.
trev

Post by trev »

Its interesting that she is also using the trigger shoe that was on the LP1 air pistol which has only back and forward ajustment.
graceshooter

Post by graceshooter »

Th. wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:45 amRink.
Do you think so? I don't sure. It's true that the anchor bolt is the only that I see that is at the begging of the grip too but... I see some discrepancies. I will check the models that they have.
Thank you so much!!
trev wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:35 am Its interesting that she is also using the trigger shoe that was on the LP1 air pistol which has only back and forward ajustment.
Oh I see.. It's quite curious...
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The grip angle (at least for standard/sport pistols) varies quite a bit depending on the maker. Here's a comparison I did a few years back:

viewtopic.php?t=19764

I have a Steyr factory grip on an LP5, and a Nill Griffe grip on an LP-10 (actually an Anschutz LP@, but that doesn't change things). The angle of the grips is nearly identical. My Morini air pistol grip is angled forward more than the Steyr grip, but not by very much. None of them are as angled as much as the factory Pardini SP grips.

The Steyr has some adjustability for angle. It may be that the large washer on the bottom is so she could file/drill the bolt hole forward to get an even steeper angle than the factory grip allows. If you look at the section above the back of her hand, it looks quite thin. If you tilt the grip forward, the back end of the grip will come up & could interfere with the sight, requiring taking wood off the top in that area.

I still suspect it's a heavily modified Steyr factory grip.
graceshooter

Post by graceshooter »

Gwhite wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:44 am The grip angle (at least for standard/sport pistols) varies quite a bit depending on the maker. Here's a comparison I did a few years back:

viewtopic.php?t=19764

I have a Steyr factory grip on an LP5, and a Nill Griffe grip on an LP-10 (actually an Anschutz LP@, but that doesn't change things). The angle of the grips is nearly identical. My Morini air pistol grip is angled forward more than the Steyr grip, but not by very much. None of them are as angled as much as the factory Pardini SP grips.

The Steyr has some adjustability for angle. It may be that the large washer on the bottom is so she could file/drill the bolt hole forward to get an even steeper angle than the factory grip allows. If you look at the section above the back of her hand, it looks quite thin. If you tilt the grip forward, the back end of the grip will come up & could interfere with the sight, requiring taking wood off the top in that area.

I still suspect it's a heavily modified Steyr factory grip.
Oh... I see what do you want to mean but I don't sure that this is a Steyr grip. I have a LP10 and I don't find the possible way to put so much angle in the grip (even with modifications). The grip structure that appear in the photo remember me to Pardini. But the protruding screw baffles me because I didn't see any grip that was so ahead.

Thank you so much to show me the comparison that you made, I will take a look.
stephen_maly

Post by stephen_maly »

I cannot tell what kind of grip it is at all, but I can tell you that there are many people who can make such an item in this world. Why not take out the guess work: look her up on Facebook, contact her, and ask her what grip she was using.
graceshooter

Post by graceshooter »

stephen_maly wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:30 pm I cannot tell what kind of grip it is at all, but I can tell you that there are many people who can make such an item in this world. Why not take out the guess work: look her up on Facebook, contact her, and ask her what grip she was using.
I already did it... I saw all (or almost all) her photos, I found her in social media and I asked to her before I wrote this post.
Unfortunately, I didn't receive any answer.
For this I try ro find the answer by other ways.

But thanks for the advice anyway!