What TIME is AP match Winter Airgun Champ. in CO?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

What TIME is AP match Winter Airgun Champ. in CO?

Post by atomicgale »

What TIME does AP match start for Winter Airgun Championship in Colorado Springs on Dec 15th & MONDAY 16th?

What time is finals?

(Trying to arrange airfare for event & decide on departure date: MON or TUE?)
wrh1

Re: What TIME is AP match Winter Airgun Champ. in CO?

Post by wrh1 »

I'm unsure, I'm getting there on the 13th for open practice and equipment control. The details of the event haven't been super well publicized, so I'd contact Jared at USA Shooting for further details (Jared.Esquivel@usashooting.org). Initially they had equipment control scheduled for Nov 29 or something crazy, so it's no surprise that info hasn't been released yet.

I'm assuming you're shooting MAP, looking forward to seeing you there.

Just a note, if you're flying out of Colorado Springs there may be some issues with checking in your air cylinders if you haven't already hear.

Walter
F/V Icy Swan

Post by F/V Icy Swan »

Walter, it seems folks traveling with large scuba tank type bottles can satisfy the folks at that airport by taken off the regulator. I am not sure how to navigate a TSA worker that wants to independently verify an air cylinder that goes on a pistol if he or she does is not satisfied that when the manometer says zero it really is at zero. Do you know if these type of air cylinders are a problem?

Mike
adair

Post by adair »

atomicgale wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:14 pm What TIME does AP match start for Winter Airgun Championship in Colorado Springs on Dec 15th & MONDAY 16th?

What time is finals?
Times are now on the website.

Match start times for both days: WAP at 9am. MAP at 11am and 1pm.

Dec 16 Finals: WAP 1pm, Jr WAP 1:30pm, MAP 2pm, Jr MAP 2:30p
wrh1

Post by wrh1 »

F/V Icy Swan wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:13 pm Walter, it seems folks traveling with large scuba tank type bottles can satisfy the folks at that airport by taken off the regulator. I am not sure how to navigate a TSA worker that wants to independently verify an air cylinder that goes on a pistol if he or she does is not satisfied that when the manometer says zero it really is at zero. Do you know if these type of air cylinders are a problem?

Mike
I have no idea what the exact problem is, only that USA Shooting has sent about 10,000 emails on the topic saying that the TSA will not alow air cylinders to fly out of Colorado Springs only, and that they need to be contacted to pit you on some sort of exemption list. Apparently this isn't applicable for other airports.

This is a copy of the email I got from them.
Dear 2019 Winter Airgun/Olympic Trials I Competitor,

As you may be aware, TSA at the Colorado Springs Airport will not allow air cylinders in checked baggage for departing flights without a prior request from USA Shooting. As the Team Operations Coordinator, I am the person who handles these requests for our athletes and competitors. If you are flying out of this airport after Winter Airgun, you will need to either be included on this list I send in, ship your cylinder home separately, at an additional cost.

What is the process?

I send an email to TSA with passenger/flight information. When passengers check in at the airport for their departing flights, TSA agents will reference this list to approve travel with an air cylinder.

How can you be included?

If you would like to be included on this list, please complete the attached spreadsheet and attach it to a reply message to me by December 2 (rifle) or December 9 (pistol) at reya.kempley@usashooting.org. I will send a compiled list to TSA. They will reply to me that the information has been received and I will forward that message to you as confirmation. (If you are a funded US Team member and I booked your flight or you have otherwise already contacted me, you are already included.)

Please note: your air cylinder must be unpressurized, reading "0" on the gauge. Depressurize your cylinder before arriving at the airport!

I have been working with TSA on a solution to this issue, but it is a slow process. While we wait for a resolution, this workaround exists and I've been utilizing it successfully for a few years. You may also ship your air cylinder home, as an alternative. See Jared Esquivel at the OTC for a shipping tube and label.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Remember, please reply by December 2 for rifle or December 9 for pistol if you’d like to be included. Thank you and I'm looking forward to seeing you at the OTC!

Reya Kempley

Team Operations Coordinator, USA Shooting
RS.

Post by RS. »

Thanks for posting the times. I’m flying into Denver so hopefully I’ll have no issues. I was just planning on taking all the air out of my Steyer tanks and putting them in my checked luggage with a nice note to the TSA.

I’ll be shooting MAP too. This is my second air match ever and first time to Colorado. Should be fun. Look forward to meeting other shooters.
F/V Icy Swan

Post by F/V Icy Swan »

wrh1, thank you for the info and thanks to Reya for dealing with a very bizarre situation.

Mike
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »