Anschutz butt-plate carrier mount

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

nemo

Anschutz butt-plate carrier mount

Post by nemo »

Greetings all,

I have an Anschutz 2213-8300 butt-plate carrier, that I understand can be used on wood stock rifles via clamp guide, e.g., http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... tem=009279. Can it be used on metal stocks? If so, how is it secured?

Also, is it compatible with MEC Contact III butt-plate?

Kindest regards,

N
lyoke2

Re: Anschutz butt-plate carrier mount

Post by lyoke2 »

For smallbore, the 2213-8300 can be used with the Anschutz 2213 aluminum stock. This uses a similar clamp to the one that you posted except it is mounted to the stock with different screws. The link below has a picture.

https://purefixion.com/the_amateur/Ansc ... 0rifle.htm

It will not work in the newer precise stocks as they have their own precise carrier.

For air rifle, I am pretty sure the 2213-8300 carrier works with the 8002 Aluminum Air Rifle Stock. I am not sure about the other aluminum stocks but they are based on a similar design as long as they are not the precise models.

The MEC Contact III will have a guide plate that will mount to pretty much any carrier (I have put them on Anschutz, Walther, FWB, and Pardini).
lyoke2

Post by lyoke2 »

This is the 8002 stock I mentioned.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Anschutz ... rifle/2521

The new 9015's have a similar alu stock option but I don't know if that is the same configuration for accessories.
nemo

Post by nemo »

Hi lyoke2,

thank you very much for your answers. I have found my MEC and it does indeed mount on the carrier.

The reason for my asking was that my landlord misplaced the metallic stock for my Walther, and since I cannot afford a new one, I am thinking of buying a blank or other stock and modifying it with parts I have on hand.

Kindest regards,

N
rbs

Post by rbs »

your landlord "misplaced" your Walther stock? Really?
nemo

Post by nemo »

Hi rbs,

why would you think that I am lying?

Kindest regards,

N
rbs

Post by rbs »

what's wrong with your landlord?
nemo

Post by nemo »

Hi rbs,

well, in this regard, he had had too much stuff in his huge shop already, and while I was on extended travel he brought additional items form a storage and "organized" everything. I have already found some misplaced items, but not the stock.

Kindest regards,

N