Looking for help identifying lens size

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ShootingSight

Looking for help identifying lens size

Post by ShootingSight »

I have a shooter who needs new lenses in a hurry, and I'm trying to determine the lens size needed. She bought a MEC monacle in Germany, which is labeled as 23mm. Unfortunately, 23mm is a nominal size, because the edges of the lens are chamfered, so a 23mm lens might need to be cut at 23.5mm to fit right. For this reason, I own one of every lens holder on the US market to get the fit right, but I do not have this one ... maybe.

I own an Anschutz monacle, which is around 24mm. So I *know* it is not that size. In looking at it online, it looks like the MEC setup simply uses a Knobloch 23mm lens holder, so I *think* that's the size, and I do own one of those.

Can someone confirm if the MEC 23mm monacle and the Knobloch 23mm lens holder are the same size?

Thanks,

Art
Art Neergaard
ShootingSight LLC
www.shootingsight.com
info@shootingsight.com
513-702-4879
Martin H

Re: Looking for help identifying lens size

Post by Martin H »

Hi Art
My MEC 23mm lens holder is fractionally bigger than a Knobloch 23mm lens holder. All my 23mm Knobloch lenses will turn in the MEC lens holder. So I am guessing that the MEC lens holder diameter is another 0.5mm bigger than the Knochloch 23mm.
I can check for you tonight and let you know.
Cheers
Martin
ShootingSight

Post by ShootingSight »

Thanks, I went ahead and bought the MEC holder, so I can get it right.
Art Neergaard
ShootingSight LLC
www.shootingsight.com
info@shootingsight.com
513-702-4879
efoleyjr

Post by efoleyjr »

Art,
I have MEC and the lens needs to be 23.6mm with bevel.

Ed