Drifting rightward in standing

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ProdigalSon

Drifting rightward in standing

Post by ProdigalSon »

When I'm shooting in standing position, I usually find my aim drifting significantly rightward after a period of a couple seconds of stability (I shoot right-handed). I've tried considering it a NPOA problem and adjusting my entire stance, but no matter how far right I start the stance, I always seem to continue with this. Can anyone provide any insight into why this could be happening?
acorneau

Re: Drifting rightward in standing

Post by acorneau »

Weight of the rifle pulling you forward (drooping posture)?

Just a thought.
------
Allen Corneau
bdutton

Re: Drifting rightward in standing

Post by bdutton »

ProdigalSon wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:49 pm When I'm shooting in standing position, I usually find my aim drifting significantly rightward after a period of a couple seconds of stability (I shoot right-handed). I've tried considering it a NPOA problem and adjusting my entire stance, but no matter how far right I start the stance, I always seem to continue with this. Can anyone provide any insight into why this could be happening?
You need to get the rifle closer to your body so that the weight of the rifle is centered over the middle of your feet... move your left elbow slightly forward so that the elbow is either directly under the center of the rifle or slightly forward of it. This is a great diagram which shows the balance and position for stable rifle in standing:

Download it for free: https://www.heinzreinkemeier.de/app/dow ... 1493975328