Choosing EVO10 colour - aside personal preference...?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Walnut92

Choosing EVO10 colour - aside personal preference...?

Post by Walnut92 »

Considering an EVO10 and thus now pondering colours...

Favouring black/black and thinking it might be the least potentially 'distracting' combo.

Naturally a lot of personal preference involved here, but aside that any recommendations/observations such as I'm insinuating about distraction etc.?
Coolmeester

Re: Choosing EVO10 colour - aside personal preference...?

Post by Coolmeester »

When you're aiming you can't see anything but the sights.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
Walnut92

Post by Walnut92 »

Coolmeester wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:07 am When you're aiming you can't see anything but the sights.
Yep, that seems to be case, but as a complete amateur, just wanted to be sure as it's not a cheap purchase!
Rover

Post by Rover »

As a "complete amateur", you might want to consider something cheaper while you're experimenting. Say a LP1, or even something more advanced such as a SSP, where you don't need to contemplate expensive air sources.
jckstrthmghty

Post by jckstrthmghty »

Color choice won't improve accuracy. I understand the pride of ownership deal so pick a color and move onto focusing on what is important. Practice. I can assure you won't even notice the color after a while.
Last edited by jckstrthmghty on Wed May 01, 2019 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
william

Post by william »

Rover wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:18 am As a "complete amateur", you might want to consider something cheaper while you're experimenting. Say a LP1, or even something more advanced such as a SSP, where you don't need to contemplate expensive air sources.
Some years ago didn't somebody do a comprehensive test to determine the relationship between cylinder color and shot consistency? I remember its being widely accepted once it was demonstrated that the air molecules being introduced to the various colored cylinders were effectively identical. I can't recall how they controlled for other variables, although I think they had a work-around for latitude-dependent Coriolis force.
Last edited by william on Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walnut92

Post by Walnut92 »

Rover wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:18 am As a "complete amateur", you might want to consider something cheaper while you're experimenting. Say a LP1, or even something more advanced such as a SSP, where you don't need to contemplate expensive air sources.
OK well, perhaps 'complete amateur' was a little pessimistic, but I was indicating by your standards. At my best, I can group a hand-held Umarex Beretta CO2 pistol magazine within 1" about 6m away, and somewhat more consistently with the Walther LP300 I borrowed. I've got PCP air.
jckstrthmghty

Post by jckstrthmghty »

Walnut92 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:42 am
OK well, perhaps 'complete amateur' was a little pessimistic, but I was indicating by your standards. At my best, I can group a hand-held Umarex Beretta CO2 pistol magazine within 1" about 6m away, and somewhat more consistently with the Walther LP300 I borrowed. I've got PCP air.
Shouldn't be comparing something that shoots bb's with a competitive 10m air pistol. The LP300 can shoot every pellet in a single hole literally. The umarex Berreta... not ever.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I think the poster needs to do a search on here under "buying points".
wrh1

Post by wrh1 »

I dunno, my black EVO does best with the blue cylinder, lol.
joel

Post by joel »

Isn't it nice how polite and welcoming some of the members are to new forum members? Don't you all remember what mama said about not saying anything if you don't have anything nice to say? Sarcasm and destructive scrutiny are no way to encourage new shooters or forum members. Assholes!

Joel
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

Black/Black!
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

I have a black/silver. I seem to remember that when I ordered it there was the possibility of getting one of the two cylinders in a different color, but black wasn't available so I've got both silver.
ProdigalSon

Post by ProdigalSon »

My Pardini K2 is black and has both blue and red cylinders. I like the black/red combo a lot, but I don’t think Steyr makes red anodized cylinders. For what they do have, I think the black pistol/gold cylinder combo is the best looking.
Rover

Post by Rover »

joel wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:39 am Assholes!

Joel
I'll buy that!
wrh1

Post by wrh1 »

As a serious answer to the original question, if you can see your cylinder while shooting, you're doing something wrong.

I shot a 508 at the CAGP this morning, so I was doing something wrong too.
Walnut92

Post by Walnut92 »

joel wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:39 am Isn't it nice how polite and welcoming some of the members are to new forum members? Don't you all remember what mama said about not saying anything if you don't have anything nice to say? Sarcasm and destructive scrutiny are no way to encourage new shooters or forum members. Assholes!

Joel
Funny you say that - it had crossed my mind...
Walnut92

Post by Walnut92 »

jckstrthmghty wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:53 am
Walnut92 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:42 am
Shouldn't be comparing something that shoots bb's with a competitive 10m air pistol. The LP300 can shoot every pellet in a single hole literally. The umarex Berreta... not ever.
I wasn't going to respond, but decided I will.

Admittedly at 6m only, I can get all pellets in the Blue bull of a Bisley paper target with my 92FS. So, either it, or I, are not completely crap.

And, it's not a BB gun as most people would have known...
jckstrthmghty

Post by jckstrthmghty »

The Umarex is a recreation plinking air gun. I was wrong in thinking it was a bb gun. It's a pellet gun with a rotary magazine. Your claim of 1" groups at 6m is not unbelievable. The LP300 is a precision target air pistol can put pellet upon pellet into a hole barely larger than .177 at 10m or more. Can the same be said of the Umarex?

You may be a fantastically accurate shooter. The Umarex will mask that skill where the LP300 will reveal it.
Walnut92

Post by Walnut92 »

I will post the target at some point for the 92. By contrast I have a PX-4 storm and yes I could achieve greater accuracy throwing the pellets. Blowback plinker I agree there...

Just to be clear, the blue bull is about 20/25mm diameter so perhaps that misled you regarding the accuracy.

Of course the 92 won’t hole-on-hole at any distance. Never claimed that!