Smallbore/air friendly ranges in Colorado and Indiana

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ProdigalSon

Smallbore/air friendly ranges in Colorado and Indiana

Post by ProdigalSon »

I'll be going back to school this fall for a PhD in engineering, and I'm mostly considering either Colorado State or Purdue. In the areas around these (Fort Collins, CO and Lafayette, IN), are there ranges that are a good choice for practicing international rifle and pistol disciplines?

I've located a few ranges nearby both, but if there are any opinions on which would be best, least busy, least noisy with people mindlessly burning lead, etc., I'd like to know. I don't expect to have the time to practice a lot, but I'd like to be able to at least stay reasonably on top of my skills, which means trying to shoot once a week at least.
Rover

Re: Smallbore/air friendly ranges in Colorado and Indiana

Post by Rover »

At least Air at home (the old 'box of rags').
lyoke2

Post by lyoke2 »

Purdue has a Rifle and Pistol Club that has weekly meetings for student members. It is a 50ft smallbore range (college standard) and I am sure you can get in a few air rifle practices if you talk to their competitive teams (regular student members don't shoot air only .22).

Wildcat Valley is a great range about 30 mins north of Lafayette. Not a lot of smallbore competitions but the community is awesome and the distance is available for smallbore.

Boiler Up!
wrh1

Post by wrh1 »

Bit of a drive, but Archer shooting complex in Cheyenne has a dedicated airgun/archery range. Great Guns in Nunn is good for shotgun stuff and has a ton of outdoor ranges. Not a ton of stuff in Ft. Collins per se.