electronics & after-travel

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scerir

electronics & after-travel

Post by scerir »

A friend told me that his Steyr EVO 10 Electronic (no microswitch, just contact) does not have a trigger stop, and that the trigger movement stops *immediately* when the shot breaks. Is that true?
SuperIIFT

Re: electronics & after-travel

Post by SuperIIFT »

Steyr Evo 10E
I find no after travel after the shot breaks
Have 2 and they are the best trigger , Very predictable at all times
Very crisp shot break
Great for dry fire
Dennis
ruig

Post by ruig »

I have three evos 10e. There is no trigger stop out of the box. But there is a place for trigger stop screw as i know (not tried).
Attachments
IMG_09022019_175122_(540_x_960_пиксель).jpg
IMG_09022019_175122_(540_x_960_пиксель).jpg (37.1 KiB) Viewed 987 times
scerir

Post by scerir »

Thanks. In general I do not like trigger-stop when there is no backlash or after-travel (that is the case of electronic triggers). But one thing is no trigger-stop and another thing is that the trigger tongue stops immediately when the shot breaks but *cannot* move freely rearwards after the shot breaks.
David M

Post by David M »

On a mechanical trigger the trigger stop is there because as the sear breaks a small amount of trigger loading is lost.
Part of the trigger weight is sear friction and as it breaks the trigger will move rearwards by trigger pull.
The trigger stop helps stop this movement. It needs a fine adjustment as too little or too much can be detrimental.
On most electronic triggers the break point has no change in trigger weight hence no trigger movement caused
by weight change. You do not need a trigger stop on this style of trigger.
scerir

Post by scerir »

Exactly, David. Sear-hammer engagement, compression of percussion spring, etc., are relevant. The mystery, for me, is the mechanical trigger of the Pardini pistols (i.e. K12). They have zero after travel. Many years ago a friend of mine changed the spring of the first stage of his Steyr LP1 (CO2) (that pistol had a sensible after travel). The new spring was much much harder (but the first stage weight was the same, unchanged, set around 350 grams). With the new spring (first stage weight unchanged) the backlash of the trigger disappeared. I do not know how.