Aussie quote

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Aussie quote

Post by Rover »

"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

Homer
northpaw

Re: Aussie quote

Post by northpaw »

"Beware of Mediocrity?"
Do you have the new-gun-owners, the "Sprayers" in mind?
With their recently aquired 9 mm or .40 semi-autos, spraying bullets, with a very low target hit percentage? Mediocrity of performance.
That subpopulation in the shooting movement is growing. Agree with you.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I have to admit it. With the Public Range near the Precision Pistol range here, there are a few chuckles when we hear a 15 round burst turning money into noise.
renzo

Post by renzo »

Rover wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:22 am I have to admit it. With the Public Range near the Precision Pistol range here, there are a few chuckles when we hear a 15 round burst turning money into noise.
Believe me, ammo makers love that crowd much more than they'll ever love us................................................... and obviously care about their tastes more than ours!!!!
ProdigalSon

Post by ProdigalSon »

That puts me in mind of the first time I took my Swedish Mauser out to the range. There I was, shooting respectable (for the condition of the gun and ammo) 4-ish inch groups at about 100 yards with a hundred year old iron-sighted rifle, while just next to me, there was a bunch of guys trading a brand-new SCAR between them. Their target? Water bottles at barely 50 feet away. Their hit rate? Maybe 1 shot in 10.