10m Pistol League Interest

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Kallysan

10m Pistol League Interest

Post by Kallysan »

I am looking to gauge the interest level in the possibility of having a 10m Air Pistol league at my club in the SE Michigan area. PM me if you need the actual location. The League would be open to the public on Thursday nights from 6-9 pm. If I find enough interest, I will pitch the idea to my club's Board and see if I can get one going.
Dan Ide

Re: 10m Pistol League Interest

Post by Dan Ide »

Good luck. I cannot get my club members to take off the red dot sights. Other clubs around here use the 4-bull target, 5 shots per bull. The Iowa state group is trying a postal match. They send you the targets and you send them back, much like the CMP postal. Anyway, good luck and have fun.
jscot111

Post by jscot111 »

PM sent
Scott
Bmwz3coupe

Post by Bmwz3coupe »

You may wish to consider netcompetitor.com if it does not work out. That's how I compete.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

I hold air pistol matches, use NetCompetitor and CMP Aces.

What I have been doing is shooting air pistol at my club. I bring extra air pistols and always offer them to others. Slow process but now we have a few people shooting air pistol...convert one at a time.

Chip
holmqer

Post by holmqer »

Interest in AP seems to be regional. In my area (Central CT) we have enough interest to have 2 matches a month alternating between 2 different gun clubs for a 12 match series. We get at least 15 participants per night. I have no way to predict how popular it will be in your area.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

Bmwz3coupe wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 pm You may wish to consider netcompetitor.com if it does not work out. That's how I compete.
Netcompetitor is an excellent place to compete.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

+1 on NetCompetitor!

Chip
holmqer

Post by holmqer »

I checked the results, and through the first 4 matches of our AP season, we have had 30 different competitors shoot a match at one of the two local clubs that host the series. Not everyone shows up for every match, maybe 15 to 20 per night.

So it is possible to run a league in some areas of the US. I just don't know about your area.
Kallysan

Post by Kallysan »

Doesn't appear to be possible in my area. Guess I will just have to keep trying to get members of my club interested.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

What I did to generate interest was to buy several air pistols, lots of pellets, and let people use them for free. Also there are lots of older folks that used to shoot air pistols that still have them. I spent time asking them to come out and shoot to get others interested, I also bugged local TV, radio, and newspapers to get coverage. A lot of what we did you can find on our website. Read from the bottom up. https://wisconsinairpistol.com. The TV interview with Judy was great. Feel free to use anything on my site.

It did not happen overnight, but I met and got to have meals with shooters that I had never known before. Learned a lot of really cool and interesting things.

Chip Eckardt
Kallysan

Post by Kallysan »

Thanks. I'll take a look