Anschutz 2002 SSP

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Keeley

Anschutz 2002 SSP

Post by Keeley »

My 2002 SSP that has shot well forever hit a bump in the road. About half way through a target I pulled the trigger and could hear/feel what sounded like the sear releasing but the rifle didn't fire. I released the charging lever to try again and the rifle fired. ????? Tried again, same thing.

Anyone have any ideas or suggested Smiths?
James Storm

Re: Anschutz 2002 SSP

Post by James Storm »

Pilkington has always done well by me, professionally, promptly and at a fair price. I strongly recommend that you sent them the rifle for exam and repair.
kevinweiho

Re: Anschutz 2002 SSP

Post by kevinweiho »

Tom, if the lubrication didn't help, then you might have to send your rifle in for inspection and repair. There are a couple of variables that come in my mind, such as a worn/broken part/sear, weak spring(s), trigger misadjustment, or just gunk that's not allowing the gun to function properly.

Unless you're mechanically inclined and have some experience in airgun repairs, you can download the exploded diagram from Anschütz and have a shot at it yourself.
If you go down that road, remember to go slowly and take photos of EVERY single part you're disassembling, so you can remember how everything must go back together...

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.ph ... &sprache=1