PCP 10 meter rifle for Air Rifle Silhouette

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TomJ

PCP 10 meter rifle for Air Rifle Silhouette

Post by TomJ »

Good evening, I’m looking for recommendations regarding a used PCP rifle to compete in air rifle silhouette matches. I’m 71 and in good shape, however, pumping my FWB 601 surfaced shoulder discomfort that had not previously existed, hence a PCP rifle. A 10 meter rifle would allow me to practice with open sights and also also mount a scope sometime in the future. Which makes and models would you suggest? I’m looking to spend $900-$1200. Are there any other websites and/ air rifle shops I should consider, other than the buy and sell section on this forum?. I’m open to your comments and suggestions. Thanks, Tom
acorneau

Re: PCP 10 meter rifle for Air Rifle Silhouette

Post by acorneau »

I'm a silhouette shooter and use an Anschutz SuperAir 2001 SSP as my Target rifle. Any of the 10 meter rifles you'll likely find around here will be great and qualify for Target rifle, so find one that you like and go for it.

If you're looking for one that will compete as an Open rifle you'll have to look at something geared more towards Field Target rifles (shooting 850-1000 FPS). You'll find those kinds on either American Airguns classifieds or the Airgun Warriors forum.

Also, you can post a WTB ad over on Steel Chickens and you might find something.

Lastly you can poke around the online shops like Pyramid Air, Airguns of Arizona, etc.

Good luck.
------
Allen Corneau