Trigger reach of Air Pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
henrya

Trigger reach of Air Pistols

Post by henrya »

Do any of the well regarded APs have a shorter reach to the trigger than the Steyr LP10E? I keep tinkering with my grips and I am getting them adjusted better, but keep thinking that I’d like a shorter reach to get a really straight pull on the trigger with more finger wrap on the trigger. Currently I have the trigger slid all the way back and tilted to the side to get a better finger contact. I shot it a bit with the trigger shoe removed and it wasn’t too bad like that.

Anyway my question is about the reach to trigger characteristics, what gun is shorter?

Thanks in advance.
Gwhite

Re: Trigger reach of Air Pistols

Post by Gwhite »

I think the Morini 162EI is better if you have small hands and/or short fingers. The team I coach has a lot of small women on it, and I don't recall anyone having a problem with the trigger reach on the Morinis we have. Sometimes it can be tricky to get the electronics to fit in an XXS grip, but Rink manages.

The Steyrs have always had issues with short fingers. I had to remove the trigger shoe on the LP50 my wife uses for bullseye practice.. Even then, the reach isn't perfect. I need to remove the metal plate inside the grip to see if that will help.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Pardini K12 is noticeably shorter than LP10.
Coolmeester

Post by Coolmeester »

sparky wrote:Pardini K12 is noticeably shorter than LP10.
K12 and LP10 have both long reach to trigger. I had to carve all the wood away from the back of the grip when used those pistols. Like Gwhite said, Morini is good for small handed shooters.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

I just got a grip with a 7 degree angle (as for cross-dominant shooters) and my trigger reach has improved dramatically. I use it because it suits my stance better (45 degrees or so).
henrya

Post by henrya »

I have the grip tilted a good bit, and I also shoot at an angle.

What about the FWB P8X grip - does it have a short reach?
henrya

Post by henrya »

I got my hands on the Feinwerkbau P8X, the Walther LP400 Carbon and an LP400 Aluminum today. The FWB was nice but the grip suited my hand no better than the Steyr -- although in a different way. The Walther LP400 Carbon with medium grip felt like it was custom made for my hand. So it went home with me!

After a few adjustments and the addition of the 30 gram barrel weight, I am now pulling the trigger straight back and my calls are much better. The gun is smooth and predictable feeling at discharge. The trigger on the Walther is marvelous. I like everything about this pistol better than the Steyr LP10E. Fit of a pistol is highly personal, so your mileage will almost certainly vary.

Thanks again for your comments.
Frenzy81

Post by Frenzy81 »

Gwhite wrote:I had to remove the trigger shoe on the LP50 my wife uses for bullseye practice..
Common problem with the LP50, but it's for this gun in particular - this issue is not the same in the other Steyr pistols. The LP50 trigger unit is bulky and takes up a lot of space.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

What about the FWB P8X grip - does it have a short reach?

The short answer to your question is YES. I purchased one recently and the trigger reach is the shortest of all brands I have owned.