An Air pistol Marathon Challenge

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Reinhamre

An Air pistol Marathon Challenge

Post by Reinhamre »

Air pistol Marathon Challenge for Veterans/Old timers?

Anyone care to try it?

This evening I tried to shoot as many series possible without going under 90 per serie, but I had to stop at 15 series, time to go to sleep.
15 series, 1379 points, 1 hour 45 minutes. (I have SCATT file as proof.)

Anyone care to try to beat this?

You should be at least 60 years old, (I am 71) and take, let us be faire, maximum 2.5 hours.

Good luck!

Kent
Owl

Re: An Air pistol Marathon Challenge

Post by Owl »

Interesting idea Kent.

I have a thought and I hope you will not consider it too off-topic. From my own experience, and from observing a number of older shooters, it seems to me that for long experienced shooters the move from one's 50's to age 60 is not that much of a cliff. However, the move from one's 60's to age 70 appears to be a more significant landmark, scorewise. I would therefore offer the modest suggestion that the qualification age for your tournament might be more appropriately set at 70 rather than 60. I've come across too many shooters in their early 60's -- not olympic caliber competitors, certainly, but club shooters such as those to whom I believe your proposal is addressed -- who are continuing to shoot lights out at that age. A compromise suggestion might be to have two divisions, one for 60-70 year old shooters and a second division for 70+s. That of course makes sense only if you get a decent number of shooters in each division to sign up.

I might add that I am impressed by your maintenance of a 92 average over 15 strings. My guess is that you will stay at or near the top of the list of any 70+ year old shooters who take you up on your challenge.

-Marty-
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

150 shots in one session? Are you mad?

(I suppose I really should get the gun out more often than every 1-2 weeks for 3 shots each time)
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Owl wrote: I would therefore offer the modest suggestion that the qualification age for your tournament might be more appropriately set at 70 rather than 60. I've come across too many shooters in their early 60's
-Marty-
Well, I suppose 15 series and the time frame is the tricky part. The 92 average is not the problem here.
I can certainly do better if challanged.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

David Levene wrote:150 shots in one session? Are you mad?
Tsss, normal day at work. I shoot 2 - 3 matches (12 - 18 series) 5 times a week Megalink!
Today 552 and 562. On monday an extra match 20 sec series, new personal record: 93, 98, 94, 81, 92, 92 = 550

In february I did a whole 500 box in one session but it was with my LP50E, 10 sec. and 20 sec. It was all over in a little more than 3 hours. In fact, it was a little more as I started with an almost empty box.
My LP 50 is hungry :-)
And we 1944´s are a tough breed.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Generally, when you hit seventy you turn to shit. On the other hand, I know a few that haven't....yet.

(Reinhamre...war baby?)
Dan Ide

Post by Dan Ide »

You are using the normal 10 meter air pistol target, correct. Staying over 90 per string is great. I'm lucky is I get one or two strings at 90 or better per 60 shot match.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Update
Today 1399p 15 series 2,5 hours. Megalink (564 + 556 + 279)

Standard air pistol match april 7 and april 14 18:00 and 20:00 Swedish time, use this link and go for "Högsbo"

http://www.skytteonline.se/shooter/!dis ... =page&id=1
Owl

Post by Owl »

Rover wrote:Generally, when you hit seventy you turn to shit.
When I hit seventy I turned to shit.

-Marty-
dronning

Post by dronning »

I wouldn't even make it to 1 right now. I deprimed 7,500 45 cases on the 29th and my right arm is still sore, it's not 100% yet. Very dumb because I had forgotten about the Aces Q1 match being due on the 30th. The best 10 shot string I had was an 88 or 89 and I've been shooting in the low 560's - very twitchy.

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

dronning wrote:I wouldn't even make it to 1 right now. I deprimed 7,500 45 cases on the 29th and my right arm is still sore, it's not 100% yet.
- Dave
Why not use a Dillon 650 when depriming? And use left and right hand!
dronning

Post by dronning »

Reinhamre wrote:
dronning wrote:I wouldn't even make it to 1 right now. I deprimed 7,500 45 cases on the 29th and my right arm is still sore, it's not 100% yet.
- Dave
Why not use a Dillon 650 when depriming? And use left and right hand!
Used my 1050 but only right hand, didn't feel it until later that night, just too much in one sitting. Really thinking about a motor drive ;). Usually I do 1,500 then load up the wet tumbler, then deprime another 1,500 and wait for the tumbler to finish and do it again until finished.

Shot today, much better, but still not 100%.

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin