Walther lp400 vs morini

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
glr1

Walther lp400 vs morini

Post by glr1 »

Looking for a new ap,need feedback on users of this pistol.thank you
jbshooter

Re: Walther lp400 vs morini

Post by jbshooter »

LP400 has adjustable grip. Big plus.
therider

Post by therider »

have you got a second question? :-)
there is no competition at all!!

just kidding... there are plenty of threads on this topic...just search.

by the way, although it is not a proof of anyting, just ask yourself: how many professionals shoot Lp400? has it ever won any competition?
lp400 has the worst possible trigger on the market. I don't see any plus...may be the weight, which i think is the lowest.

of course there is also the rear sight which is good....but people think i am too fussy in taking care of the rear sight design.
william

Post by william »

[quote="glr1"]Looking for a new ap,need feedback on users of this pistol.thank you[/quote]
I don't know any LP400 users, but I've known several Morini users over the years. I've found them to be very courteous, and have no reason to believe they are not of the highest moral character. Because of the ease of doing so, I note that they tend to dryfire more than many other AP shooters.

If you'd like feedback on any other AP shooters, I'd be happy to share my observations.
joel

Post by joel »

The LP400 trigger is phenomenal and holds adjustment very well in my use. Not sure why anyone would not like the trigger as Walther is known for fantastic triggers.

Joel
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Trigger on my LP400 is on par with my LP10. Changed springs from original when Walther came out with update to take away hairclip shaped spring.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Ditto regarding the trigger being excellent.
therider

Post by therider »

Are we talking about the same ap??? :-)

In one of my clubs the president bought two of them, despite my comments.... After two months nobody used them any more, even owners of previous Walther ap....and the president himself bought something else after trying lp400 for a while.
therider

Post by therider »

william wrote:
glr1 wrote:Looking for a new ap,need feedback on users of this pistol.thank you[/quote]
I don't know any LP400 users, but I've known several Morini users over the years. I've found them to be very courteous, and have no reason to believe they are not of the highest moral character. Because of the ease of doing so, I note that they tend to dryfire more than many other AP shooters.

If you'd like feedback on any other AP shooters, I'd be happy to share my observations.
Ops I misread the original question.

I agree, most of Morini shooters I know are courteous, and I know many of them.

The only lp400 shooter I know is munkhbayar dorjsuren, former German champion and bronze Olympic medalist. She is very nice and I love chatting with her.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

Vladimir Isakov (RUS) shoots a LP400 Aluminium with a reasonable amount of success. From last years WC Final.

Source: http://www.issf-sports.org/news.ashx?pe ... ewsid=2393

Also note a long successful career: http://www.issf-sports.org/athletes/ath ... 2802197001

Obviously get a Morini. ;)
Image Image
therider

Post by therider »

SamEEE wrote:Vladimir Isakov (RUS) shoots a LP400 Aluminium with a reasonable amount of success. From last years WC Final.
And of course you have forgotten to include James Bond.
:-)
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

I would say the LP400 is a good gun but it had various revisions in the trigger department and had its youth problems with cylinder threads. it is a light gun and can play more with balance. It also has an grip that you can adjust for rake and cant and also its slimmer than the 162 grip. I have seen the LP400 achieving very good scores to the hand of a team mate (over 570). In my eyes and judging from exploding views the LP400 has its trigger units roots in the Hammerli/Walther AP40 which themselves were evolution of the Hammerli 480 (just go to carl walther site and download the appropriate PDF files). The general arrangement of the levers is the same and there are some changes in each generation as to their final shape and the placement of the adjusting screws. The Morini CM162E is another story. It has too some evolution in the electronics department but the overall design and balance hasn't change much from when it was introduced. The electronics are still inside the grip which makes the grip a little bulkier than the lp400 grip and prevents adjustments for rake or cant. Morini is the most mature but both are well finished.
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

Last year I competed with a Walther LP400 owner. I had asked about how he decided to purchase the Walther, and he replied that he had purchased one each Morini, Pardini, Steyr and Walther all at the same time and sold or returned the others after comparing all. An interesting technique if you have the resources.
william

Post by william »

glr1 wrote:Looking for a new ap,need feedback on users of this pistol.thank you
If you want replies to be helpful instead of just some guy's opinion, you might want to share the thought process that led you to these 2 pistols and the exclusion of all the other good choices.

With all respect to SamEEE, what Isakov accomplished with an LP400 has very little meaning to us mere mortals. No more than Nestruev's title some years ago shooting a Benelli Kite.
Rover

Post by Rover »

At this point, "What difference does it make?"
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

What about Walther/Morini hybrid? I have Rink grip from my 162EI on my LP400. The LP400 is a bit too light so I added weight bar similar to LP@. Trigger shoe is off a GSP.
william

Post by william »

Rover wrote:At this point, "What difference does it make?"
None, but when did that ever stop any of these threads?
django

Post by django »

I was buy walther lp400 and sold it. Only 1.5 year i use it. I have technical issue about this gun.

Than i buy morini 162El . Need some time to understand this gun, and i love it. Not much adjustable feature but this is one i like. because i had bad habit to always modification on pistol when my shoot gone bad lol.
very small recoil but it didn't effect on your accuracy.

Good accuracy, good trigger, good sight, good factory grip.

I have steyr lp10 i don't use it anymore just in my collection.

final advice : Buy Morini
glr1

Post by glr1 »

Thank you very much for all the reply,I would like to take us back to the topic and not about your favorite "boy band". I have been out of from competitive pistol shooting for a long time,I live in Florida ,we here enjoy the freedom of different shooting sports,I have been shooting center fire rifle and smallbore but about every 3-4 years go back to shooting Olympic style pistol and rifle,my air pistol is an antique walther ap201 and I have shot 94-95% with it,enough to be invited to the Olympic trials before,I have tried I have owned styer before but can shoot theap201 better,all this pistols can shoot 1 hole over and over all they long if I can hold it.what I would like to know is how the pistols behave when shooting it.i would like mechanical triggers,so let's go back to the topic please.back in the day if one post a question like this only people who had use the said equipment will reply not what they here.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

glr1 wrote:i would like mechanical triggers,
You should have said that earlier.

The vast majority of Morini air pistols will have electronic triggers.