JERKING

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

manpreet.singh-maan

JERKING

Post by manpreet.singh-maan »

i am 10 m air rifle shooter when i fired shot my rifle jerked what i do please help me
David Levene

Re: JERKING

Post by David Levene »

Not enough information I'm afraid.

What do you think is causing the jerk?
Jimro

Post by Jimro »

All rifles jerk to some extent, the laws of physics state that the same amount of energy that goes forward out the muzzle must also go backwards the other direction.

But I'm assuming you are talking about a larger than normal jerk or recoil?

Jimro
patriot

Post by patriot »

You are jerking the trigger or the rifle is jumping? If the first, you are likely anticipating the shot and "going after it". I'm assuming you are using iron sights, but for some people shooting with a scope makes this worse. Practice holding the rifle until you reach the minimal arc of motion (wobble), then slowly break the trigger. With enough practice your brain will get out of the way and let your eyes break the trigger, but you have to stop trying to catch a perfect alignment. If that doesn't work, some folks time the shot break while the sights pass over the bull; start low and move up for example. It takes lots of practice, but perfect practice rather than repeating mistakes.

The other problem could be your hold and follow through. If the shoulder, cheek, and grip pressures are good and your body aligned (natural point of aim), the recoil should be straight up rather than to the side. But you have to keep your head down, stay relaxed, and keep aiming after the shot breaks. The breathing is to "relax into the shot"; eliminate of as much muscle tension as possible.

Mark
Rover

Post by Rover »

Keep ever in mind, Murphy's Law.