SCATT on Morini CM162ei

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Sr_Rama

SCATT on Morini CM162ei

Post by Sr_Rama »

Hi guys,

I have a Morini CM162ei pistol and am interested in a SCATT system. Today, I tried a colleague's SCATT MX-02 and the result was very dissapointing.

The guy wasn't very experienced and I am not at all, but we found two problems we were unable to fix:

- We put the sensor under the air cylinder and, even when I was aiming perfectly, it detected and painted my aiming lines completely out of the target center. He uses it with an air rifle, ¿Is it possible to set it to work propperly with a pistol?

- The other problem was that it didn't detect the shot when dry firing, when I shot with air, it "heard" it perfectly. Is it possible that it is unable to detect a dry shot in an electronic trigger pistol (Morini)? Is there any parameter to make it more "sensitive"?

Thanks in advance!
shaky hands

Re: SCATT on Morini CM162ei

Post by shaky hands »

When you calibrate the sensor (press F2), play with the piezo sensitivity setting.
mctrucky

Post by mctrucky »

Works perfectly on a Morini on dry fire. Persevere and you will be rewarded.
madmax

Post by madmax »

I have an MX-02 and had a lot of trouble initially when setting it up with my Morini 162ei. Worked ok with a friends 162. Frustrating and annoying!!

You need to move the piezo sensitivity almost all the way to the left, about where it is shown in the manual. I think the value I use is 1.6, definitely less than 2.0. The electronic trigger doesn't have enough 'click' to activate the system. Works ok at the central (default) position with mechanical triggers.

I had a similar problem when using my Pardini SP with the supplied breech block. The hammer doesn't fall far enough to give a solid hit. Works if a small piece of rubber is placed in the breech to give almost a full hammer fall.

Good luck, its a great tool once you get used to it.

Max.
Sr_Rama

Post by Sr_Rama »

Thanks you all for your answers. If you confirm you could use it with a morini 162e, I guess I wuold!

We didn't even see the piezo sensitivity setting...

And I guess the parallax problem can be solved by adjusting those screws on the mountin prism.

Thanks!
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Can I suggest that you read the manual, especially page 11.
Sr_Rama

Post by Sr_Rama »

David Levene wrote:Can I suggest that you read the manual, especially page 11.
David, thanks for your suggestion. I've read it and now I know how to calibrate the device but, before investing in the system, I want to be sure it will work with my pistol, thats something the manual doesn't guarantee. ;)

Thanks!