Walther LG300 Jr. Stock Finish Question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TWebster

Walther LG300 Jr. Stock Finish Question

Post by TWebster »

I took advantage of a sale that Champions Choice is having and picked up a new Walther LG300 Jr. When I opened it, I was a bit surprised to find that the stock has what feels like a bare, smooth sanded finish with no clear coat/lacquer or anything like that applied. The cheek piece does have a coating, but the stock itself does not(or is not as smooth as the cheekpiece) .

I was wondering if this was the way that Walther was providing these rifles? Maybe as a way to save a bit of money? I tried calling Champ Choice to verify that this stock just didn't happen to slip through manufacturing without getting coated, but they are closed until the 6th...

So, I thought I would ask here to see if anyone knew about this? I had a 300 Jr. a few years back and it had the smooth clear coat finish over the entire stock. However, I know that the stock design has changed since then (probably 2008ish).

Thanks in advance for any info!
Jim E

Re: Walther LG300 Jr. Stock Finish Question

Post by Jim E »

Standard Walther finish - Super Blond shellac sealer followed by several coats of satin nitrocellulose lacquer. Allow 7 days for full chemical cure, then re-assemble.