Help re adjusting velocity & grip angle in a Morini 162MI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Dipnet

Help re adjusting velocity & grip angle in a Morini 162MI

Post by Dipnet »

If quality of supporting information was the deciding factor, I wouldn't be asking this question if I had bought a Steyr...

The Morini instructions on adjusting velocity and grip are beyond vague. If a knowledgeable person could refer to screw numbers in the attached Morini diagrams, that would be most helpful.

1) Adjusting velocity: I suspect screw "1" in Fig. 5 refers to screw 162077 (p. 5), correct?

2) Adjusting grip angle (Fig. 1): I can identify screw '2' but have no idea what 'screw 1' is and suspect it may be two grub screws that would rotate the pistol L or R within the grip (screws 162077, P. 5)? Thanks, dipnet
Attachments
Morini 162M manual.pdf
(435.4 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
mctrucky

Re: Help re adjusting velocity & grip angle in a Morini 162M

Post by mctrucky »

Hi,

Sorry I don't have the manual morini, so not certain on the grip angle adjustment (and at the least, this post serves as a Bump) - But you are correct on your velocity screw number. The larger screw 162078 takes the whole of that rear plate off - and you can then easily see how the velocity screw works - simply compresses a plunger on a spring more or less. You don't need to touch this, only the smaller screw adjusts the velocity screw in for faster, out for slower. You want it running around 500fps, heavy pellets around 480, lighter ones around 520 - should not make a huge difference to accuracy, but if you have time and the equipment no harm in playing and seeing the effect on groups and point of impact.

If you had bought a steyr, I think you would need the documentation... but the morini is less likely to give you any need to mess with things. Just saying.... ;-)

McT
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

1) Yes. That is correct. I wouldn't dick with it.

2) Two small grubscrews at the base of the backplate. These only exist on the 162MI, not the 162EI.

Chur.
Image Image
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

Thanks for your help gentlemen.

I am a bullseye shooter; hence, I reload and happen to have a chronograph. I am also curious about how things work and lack cautionary fear in the disassembly of firearms. That has led to a lot of flying springs, bouncing bearings, and the occasional need to reorder parts. Fortunately, common sense prevailed; I did not take apart the Morini.

I was just trying to figure out the spare instruction manual (I guess the Swiss are not big into elaboration).

I'm really enjoying the Morini. After shooting 2-lb and heavier triggers, the 500-g trigger feels as light as a feather; it is difficult to imagine any advantage by an electric trigger. But then, I couldn't imagine the advantage of a Pardini SP over a S&W model 41. Ciao bang, dipnet