Air gun postals

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Dan Ide

Air gun postals

Post by Dan Ide »

Two questions for the group. Does anybody know what has happened to Target Shooting Canada? Their last results post were for May. 2nd. Where do I go to find the CMP ACES results during the challenge period? Sure hope the ACES program keeps up, It is a fun shoot.
Shooter

Re: Air gun postals

Post by Shooter »

Hey, people. I run a twice yearly air gun postal league that is open to anyone, anywhere. If you want to get the info on the winter series, send me your name and address and I will add you to the mailing list. Don in Oregon at bawilli@comcast.net
cjon600

Post by cjon600 »

The CMP started an airgun postal. its pretty cheap too $8 for paper targets. I got my targets within a week. Its only $5 if you have an electronic target.
kle

Post by kle »

Porque no los dos?

CMP's Aces Postal Matches are quarterly; I haven't received the details on Don in Oregon's league, but it sounds like something that is shot more often.
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

It's me again. My postal is a series of 8 matches/rounds with scores for 20-shots due every two weeks. Scores can come from practice or match or wherever, just so they are on ISSF targets and use an air gun and are at 10-meters. At the end, everyone gets the final results plus 2 decals for your gun box and perhaps an award. I use the high 6 scores to get an average and that is how I arrive at your placing. I also have an award for Most Improved over the course of the 8 match series. The winter series gets going in Nov. I send out bulletins after each round so you know where you placed. The winter series usually has from 50-90+ entries from all over the world, so you will be shooting against people from everywhere. There are various catagories also so you win awards in your own group, except for the winner who can come from any group. It is a fun league and there are many returning people each time. The summer series is over and I just need to finalize things and order the awards. Hope to see more of you taking part. Don in Oregon
siordian1

Post by siordian1 »

Well I shot my 3rd Qtr Aces. I did mine on the Orion targets. My score was 551. I had a couple of 9's and 10's on the ragged edge so I may lose a few points. I am very curious to see what the CMP computer says. I scanned each target into my computer this time.
holmqer

Post by holmqer »

I travel a bit, occasionally away for 3 to 6 weeks, I could submit a score for the month for the Canadian Postal Match on my schedule. Is it feasible to participate in some of the other postal matches that seem to be spread out in time with scores to be sent in every couple weeks if one travels a lot, could I shoot targets early if I know I'll be out of town?

Are the Orion targets the same size as the Kreuger and Gehmann targets that Pilkguns sells so they will fit in my Gehmann pellet trap?
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

You could send in scores for any number of rounds at any time, just make sure you note which match they are for. Msany shooters do this. Don in Oregon
cjon600

Post by cjon600 »

holmqer wrote:I travel a bit, occasionally away for 3 to 6 weeks, I could submit a score for the month for the Canadian Postal Match on my schedule. Is it feasible to participate in some of the other postal matches that seem to be spread out in time with scores to be sent in every couple weeks if one travels a lot, could I shoot targets early if I know I'll be out of town?

Are the Orion targets the same size as the Kreuger and Gehmann targets that Pilkguns sells so they will fit in my Gehmann pellet trap?
Yes, Its a krueger target just with a place for a sticker.
holmqer

Post by holmqer »

Target Shooting Canada just caught up through August, participation really dropped off, hopefully it will recover
David W. Johnson

Post by David W. Johnson »

Someone just started a league on FB. The moderator will post various match formats and you submit a picture of target(s) by the stated deadline. Great idea in my book.

Search for 10M Pistol Competition League or https://www.facebook.com/#!/10metercomp

David
Pheyden

Post by Pheyden »

For those interested in "postal" matches, I have started the "10M Pistol Competition League (PCL). Rather than using "snail mail", I chose to run the competition using Facebook. The format is pretty straightforward. You register on one thread on the PCL Facebook page, then submit photos of your shot cards on a different thread, as a photo attached to a comment.

Once the cards are received, I double check the scoring before posting the results to an on-line spreadsheet, also accessible front yet another thread on the PCL Facebook page.

We have shooters from around the world and welcome young and old, male or female, experiencd or newcomer. I like to mix up the competitions with other "exercises" (also scored) just to keep it interesting. Just search for ”10M Pistol Competiton League" on Facebook.

Good shooting!!!

Paul Vander Heijden
David W. Johnson

Post by David W. Johnson »

Just sent you an email, Don. I'm in.

Paul, appreciate your work on the FB competition. Great stuff!

David
left360

Post by left360 »

Another choice. NRA Air Pistol postal match here: http://postalmatches.nra.org/documents/ ... Pistol.pdf
bradjames

Post by bradjames »

Never knew there is such FB competition. If ever someone wants to join that particular competition, how will can someone be accepted in that particular competition? Is there any requirements needed to be presented?

Last edited by bradjames on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rover

Post by Rover »

You pay your money and you're in.

Also, the competitors lie a lot.
togfish

Post by togfish »

Another newbie to AP here. How many shots should be fired on a target for postal matches? Thanks, Bob
Rover

Post by Rover »

As many as you like. Only the scores are usually reported, and none too faithfully, I fear.
cjon600

Post by cjon600 »

The CMP's postal is online for 2016.
https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php ... atch=13606