Air Pistol Grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dmw6455

Air Pistol Grips

Post by dmw6455 »

I am new to air pistol, but have one important question: Do any of the air pistols that have their own air tanks come with any grip other than the extreme international angle grips? I have a fused wrist and cannot use that style grip, but was able to get a Horton grip for my Pardini HP .32 with the 1911 style angle.
Dana
Peter E

Re: Air Pistol Grips

Post by Peter E »

Hi there Dana

http://www.pilkguns.com/steyrlp50detail.shtml

Towards the bottom of the linked page.

There are 1911 grips for LP50, they may also fit an LP10, there is (at least on mine) a small plastic spaced added for the LP10.

All the best. Peter E.
rmca

Post by rmca »

There are pistols with fixed (angle) grips such as Pardini and Morini for example while others like Steyr, Matchguns, Walther, etc, have some degree (from a little to a lot) of adjustment on the grip.

Steyr is one of the pistols that allow the most movement of the grip.

Hope this helps
william

Post by william »

You mentioned Dick Horton. Consider a Pardini air pistol (They really are quite capable) and ordering a grip from Dick to match the one on your other Pardini.
dmw6455

Post by dmw6455 »

Thanks for all the ideas. Fung and Horton do not make grips for any air pistols. Will just have to get friends that have different models, let me grab their grips to see if any are more comfortable than others.
william

Post by william »

"Fung and Horton do not make grips for any air pistols."

Have you contacted Mr. Horton? Pardini air pistol and SP / HP frames are virtually identical. I can swap my Vitarbo grip back and forth between my air pistol (Formerly K2, now K10) and SP .22 with no problem at all. I have to believe that Dick can make his grip fit an A-P.

No, I have no commercial connection with Dick Horton, but I've been very impressed with his workmanship.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I don't know what your "gun" status is, but there was a lot of discussion on TT about the FAS 6004. You can get one for $388 with a "standard" grip. You may want to look at one.
william

Post by william »

Rover wrote:I don't know what your "gun" status is, but there was a lot of discussion on TT about the FAS 6004. You can get one for $388 with a "standard" grip. You may want to look at one.
Damn right, FAS 6004! Why waste your time with stinkin' pumps or scuba tanks or anything else that might make the physical task a bit easier? I'm sure 60+ repetitions with the cocking effort of a SSP pistol is just what the doctor ordered for an injured wrist. Rover knows what's best for you - just ask him.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Where did you ever get the idea that a 6004 will stress ones wrist?
william

Post by william »

Not a 6004 specifically, any SSP or springer that applies torque to the wrist during the cocking motion.
rmca

Post by rmca »

If your wrist is bad enough that you can't cock a SSP, maybe you should rethink shooting pistol all together...

At least until it heals properly.
Best regards