Dvorak 22lr conversion

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Ttgoods

Dvorak 22lr conversion

Post by Ttgoods »

A friend suggested I try a Dvorak conversion over a Marvel for a new build. I understand they are a very good Kart clone. So my question is does anyone shoot either ND can they hold under an inch at 50 yards from a ransom rest?
Jerry Keefer

Re: Dvorak 22lr conversion

Post by Jerry Keefer »

Ttgoods wrote:can they hold under an inch at 50 yards from a ransom rest?
When it comes to conversions, most use a stationary barrel, so it comes down to the capability of the barrel.. I have changed out more than one from every make of conversion, that did not shoot to expectation. I think the KART is the best conversion..but it would be expensive to produce today..
I have only seen, never worked on, a Dworak conversion, so I can't really comment on them..
Ttgoods

Post by Ttgoods »

Thanks, am leaning to a Marvel. Any benefit of a long slide Marvel over a short one ?
dronning

Post by dronning »

Ttgoods wrote:Thanks, am leaning to a Marvel. Any benefit of a long slide Marvel over a short one ?
No benefit. A Pardini barrel is under 5" and it shoots Sub 1". The extra length adds weight away from your wrist so it is harder to control. Longer sight radius if you are shooting irons might be a plus.

Also take a look at the Nelson, it incorporates all of Bob Marvels updates to his design. I have both a Marvel and a Nelson, they both do the job but I prefer the Nelson.

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Ttgoods

Post by Ttgoods »

Does the Nelson hold under an inch at 50 yards? I heard nothing but good things from them.