Sauer 3016 or Kurt Thune X.9 shooting boots for daughter?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

JasonM

Sauer 3016 or Kurt Thune X.9 shooting boots for daughter?

Post by JasonM »

I think my 14-year-old daughter's feet have finally stopped growing and I'm looking to buy her some shooting boots. To comply with the current ISSF rules but still give as much help as possible, I'm currently looking at the Sauer 3016 Perfect Flex or the Kurt Thune X.9 boots. They are close enough in price to not matter, and neither in stock in size 38 that she needs. That means that I have a bit of time to make sure that I get this right, but out here in western WA where we live I don't expect that she'll actually get to try either on before purchasing. Due to that, I'm coming here to TT for advice. She's pretty thin for her height with fairly narrow feet. For those of you who have seen/tried both, which do you think is better and why?

Thanks in advance for any experience/advice that you may be able to give.
justadude

Re: Sauer 3016 or Kurt Thune X.9 shooting boots for daughter

Post by justadude »

I have tried both:

A little over a year ago, working with Larry Sawyer at 10.9, http://www.10pt9.com (763) 767-0492 I ordered a pair of each, tried them out for a session or two (shooting air rifle standing only) and made my choice.

Larry was very easy to work with, on my credit card I essentially bought 2 pairs of boots and was refunded the ones I did not keep.

I have wide feet with LOW arches. (size 10-1/2 to 11 in and E width for a US Mens Dress Shoe) In the end I kept the Thunes and sent the Sauers back as FOR MY FEET I found the arch support in the Sauers to be a little too prominent and they hurt my feet.

DO NOT go by my taking the Thune's as some kind of endorsement that the Thune's are better for everyone. They were better for my feet and it sounds like your daughter has very different feet than mine. Talk with Larry or some other dealer that will let you order both brands and make your decision that way.

Good Luck
'Dude
JasonM

Post by JasonM »

Thanks, Dude. I actually got great advice from Heather at 10pt9 and have the KT X.9 boots on the way.
twisted

Post by twisted »

I just dealt with Heather today. Great customer service!