cheapest 10m competition pistol on the market ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sr333

cheapest 10m competition pistol on the market ?

Post by sr333 »

hello
Im newbie in shooting with pistols
Im using lp-10 for training but i need to buy one for myself
since steyr is expenisve i need to know cheapest pistol available on the market?
tnq
Gwhite

Re: cheapest 10m competition pistol on the market ?

Post by Gwhite »

The cheapest pistol on the market is the Crosman 2300T. It has lousy grips, lousy sights, and an atrocious trigger that can't be adjusted below 2 pounds. Clamped in a vise, it might hold the 10 ring at 10 meters. They can be bought for under $140 in the US.

You asked...
sr333

Post by sr333 »

Gwhite wrote:The cheapest pistol on the market is the Crosman 2300T. It has lousy grips, lousy sights, and an atrocious trigger that can't be adjusted below 2 pounds. Clamped in a vise, it might hold the 10 ring at 10 meters. They can be bought for under $140 in the US.

You asked...
oh tnx
so i should change the question the cheapest pistol available that is worth buying
william

Post by william »

The Daisy 717/747 is adequate, and there are some simple do-it-yourself mods to make it better. Otherwise the IZh-46 is it. If I were shopping right now in lowest price mode I'd go for a used TAU-7. Please don't ask about any of these pistols - there's scads of information available here at the press of the SEARCH button and on Google.
Rover

Post by Rover »

They're selling (Airguns of Arizona) a FAS6004 with crap grips for $388. It really isn't too shabby.

What I would do myself is look for a single stroke pneumatic (Pardini K58) or any top manufacturer CO2 gun for $500 or less. Believe me when I say you will give up NOTHING to any gun out there.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Since you already shoot with a steyr LP10, anything but a "proper" match pistol is going to feel like a step back.
My advice is to start looking for one second hand. If you can't go with the new, that´s your best bet.

Something like a Steyr LP10 (mechanical or electronic), Pardini K10 or K12, Morini 162 (mechanical or electronic), Walter LP300XT or LP400 just to name a few.
If you still think that one of those second hand is too expensive, my advice is to save for longer. Those guns last for years (if not decades), and it is a wise investment because they hold their value if you decide to sell it in a couple of years.
If you want to know more about any of the guns I mentioned, do a search, here or on google. There are tons of information about them. Don't ask a question that has been asked a lot of times.

By the way, Rover will probably suggest a CO2 or a SSP pistol!
Don't discard that advice if you can find a source of CO2. Those guns are old but they can shoot very well. They were the norm before compressed air appeared.
Because of that they are cheap too.

Hope this helps
rmca

Post by rmca »

Damn it Rover! You beat me to it! ;)
sr333

Post by sr333 »

tnq all, appreciate it

however mentioning not to ask about pistol info and search instead by everyone was a little jump to conclusions .
:)
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

Rover wrote:They're selling (Airguns of Arizona) a FAS6004 with crap grips for $388. It really isn't too shabby....
Now, Rover, their standard grip isn't "crap", it's designed to be ambidextrous and functions very well for that purpose. $147 more will buy better ergos and the adjustable palm shelf.

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/FAS.htm
Rover

Post by Rover »

You're absolutely right! But now you're into the price of a REALLY good used SSP or CO2 gun.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

After getting used to shooting a Steyr I'd suggest not taking too big a step backwards or you are bound to be disappointed. A Baikal 46m with a Rink grip well fitted to your hand seems likely a minimum. Accuracy is comparable. Or as Rover says, a high quality CO2 from bygone days or a Pardini K58 or FWB SSP would be fine. The FAS 6004 is going to be a big step backwards. Weak shooter. Terrible grip for formal 10m. Awkward cocking action.
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

Rover wrote:You're absolutely right! But now you're into the price of a REALLY good used SSP or CO2 gun.
It's all a matter of perspective, I guess. You favor the K58, but I've owned it and much prefer the FAS which I consider a "REALLY good" AP. I find the FAS comfortable and well balanced, easy to operate, very well built, it's as reliable and consistent as daylight, and it shoots 10s. I'm happy.
6string

Post by 6string »

Hmm, I would say the original poster has posed something of a trick question!
First, it was "cheapest 10m competition pistol", then it became the cheapest 10m competition pistol "worth buying". (Oh yeah, the poster is training with a Steyr LP10.!)

In the long run, the correct answer is buy the pistol now that won't be a disappointment compared to the LP10! Anything less will just be a waste of money. You'll end up having to buy something better, (thus wasting your initial purchase amount on the unsatisfactory pistol), or you'll end up quitting out of frustration (thus also wasting the money spent on the same pistol.)

I'd advise saving your money and search for a used Steyr LP1,2 or 10, Anschutz LP@, Pardini, Morini, or FWB. You should be able to find one of these for under $1000, which I guess qualifies as "cheap" compared to a new LP10.
Andy

Post by Andy »

Hi All,
What is the cocking force of the new FAS ?
Similar to the 46 M ?
Thanks,
Andy

6string wrote:Hmm, I would say the original poster has posed something of a trick question!
First, it was "cheapest 10m competition pistol", then it became the cheapest 10m competition pistol "worth buying". (Oh yeah, the poster is training with a Steyr LP10.!)

In the long run, the correct answer is buy the pistol now that won't be a disappointment compared to the LP10! Anything less will just be a waste of money. You'll end up having to buy something better, (thus wasting your initial purchase amount on the unsatisfactory pistol), or you'll end up quitting out of frustration (thus also wasting the money spent on the same pistol.)

I'd advise saving your money and search for a used Steyr LP1,2 or 10, Anschutz LP@, Pardini, Morini, or FWB. You should be able to find one of these for under $1000, which I guess qualifies as "cheap" compared to a new LP10.
Rover

Post by Rover »

What difference does THAT make if you're buying a CO2 gun? What are you, some kind of feeble weenie?
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

Andy wrote:Hi All,
What is the cocking force of the new FAS ?
Similar to the 46 M ?
Thanks,
Andy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX001SUWRzo

Rover wrote:.... What are you, some kind of feeble weenie?
Rover, just for you. <g>
http://tinyurl.com/oftwa48
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

After pondering the same question as the OP, I myself opted for the Baikal MP-46M. This was before FAS introduced the 6004, otherwise I may have bought one of those. All I can say is I'm very pleased with my choice. It's very accurate and has a good trigger and grip. I think it's a touch on the heavy side, but I'm sure that's going to help me in the future, when I can finally afford a Steyr LP10. There's a guy at my club that shoots a MP-46M that regularly outshoots a couple of other guys with LP10's.
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
Rover

Post by Rover »

OK Slofyr....no more Mister Nice Guy!

But, really, after using SSPs of many types over the years, I think this is a question that needn't be asked.
kbwitt

Post by kbwitt »

Find a used FWB 34 styer
conradin

Post by conradin »

If you do plan to stay in the sport for a long time, you are better off buying the current high grade pistols. You can go to Egun.de and can easily find a pistol of your choice very cheaply.