Morini 84e FP Grip

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SeanM

Morini 84e FP Grip

Post by SeanM »

One of my gripes with the Morini's stock grip is that the thumb rest area only partially supports the thumb, in the way that you'd expect an AP grip to work. I like the Toz's grip because it fully supports (and actually surrounds) the thumb.

At Nationals I saw a few shooters that had 84e grips with extra wide thumb rests. Are these something that Morini sells? Aftermarket grips? Home made? Did they just build it up with putty and do a super convincing paint job to make it look like wood?

I'm in the market for a new grip anyways, I'd like to see if I can find one with the features I want.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/usashooti ... 5438292084
SamEEE

Re: Morini 84e FP Grip

Post by SamEEE »

SeanM wrote:One of my gripes with the Morini's stock grip is that the thumb rest area only partially supports the thumb, in the way that you'd expect an AP grip to work. I like the Toz's grip because it fully supports (and actually surrounds) the thumb.

At Nationals I saw a few shooters that had 84e grips with extra wide thumb rests. Are these something that Morini sells? Aftermarket grips? Home made? Did they just build it up with putty and do a super convincing paint job to make it look like wood?

I'm in the market for a new grip anyways, I'd like to see if I can find one with the features I want.

Morini and Rink will make whatever you want so long as you ask for it. I would ask for something like a 'supported thumb rest so the thumb lays parallel to the bore axis', or something. Maybe include that photo.

You could probably make one, too. Not an easy task most likely.

Third option would be to customise (add thumb rest) your current grip and get it replicated so it looks nice. Bad thing is that you would be short a grip for about a month.
scausi

grip

Post by scausi »

see pics Morini grip pic 218 Rink Grip pic 219.
Both standard grips for cm84e , I shoot with the rink grip and it allows the whole thumb to rest on the grip, I just prefer the fit of the Rink grip to my hand . so if you just want to rest the whole thumb on the rest buy a Rink.
If the your Morini grip fits your hand just add a piece of wood to extend out the thumb rest it not a hard thing to do
Cheers. S
Attachments
IMAG0218.jpg
IMAG0219.jpg
Haleva

Taking part the grip

Post by Haleva »

Can someone direct me to instructions on how one should take the grip off the cm84e pistol.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Remove cover plate. Pull out electronics. Loosen4mm screw. Pull off grip.
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

Does pulling the electronics out, requires use of force ?
It looks like it sits very tight and not willing to move easily.
Im afraid that using force will break it.
Are you sure the electronics are not fasten in some manner to the grip?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Leave the grip on and hog out the affected area with a rasp.