208s Hammer/Sear Lube

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

GringoEd

208s Hammer/Sear Lube

Post by GringoEd »

Is this a DIY project, or do I need to send My Baby away to a true professional to perform this maintenance? Thanks for any advice. Yes, I have plenty of NECO Moly Lube. Just how difficult is disassembly/assembly of the 208s frame components?
Isabel1130

Re: 208s Hammer/Sear Lube

Post by Isabel1130 »

GringoEd wrote:Is this a DIY project, or do I need to send My Baby away to a true professional to perform this maintenance? Thanks for any advice. Yes, I have plenty of NECO Moly Lube. Just how difficult is disassembly/assembly of the 208s frame components?
Well Larry's web site claims it can be done by the operator, but most Hammerli owners that I know, just pay RoCo to strip it down, clean it, and lube it after the shoot Rimfire at Perry.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

I shot a Hammerli 208 for a long time. In my opinion as a former user and as a gunsmith, you do not need to pay someone to clean your pistol. After taking the slide off the frame, just use cotton swabs and clean as much of the pistol as you can reach. When finished just use your thumb and depress the hammer and put the lube on top of the sear. Pretty simple. Most oils will penetrate and reach all the nook and cranny's needing the lube. Just wipe off the excess oil.

Jon
Rover

Post by Rover »

Just dunk the whole gun in lube then clean off what's not needed.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

just put the non graphite lube into the sear area with a toothpick.