pardini k12

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
therider

pardini k12

Post by therider »

DEDICATED TO GERARD :-)

I have now tried the k12 4 or 5 times. At my new club one of the trainer has one k12 for people to try.

FANTASTIC!

the best trigger ever! For me (and also for my trainer, who has done london Olympics and does not shoot with Pardini) much better than any electronic!

And the absorber.....if you have very good hears protections, so that you do not hear air being released, you will wonder wether you shot or not!

Finally the grip. Very unusual, and initially uncomfortable for my hand as it is very large on the web. However, strangely for me, front and rear sights remain constantly fixed and.....puff....another 10! And an incredibly good feeling during the release!

What a pistol!
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Glad to hear you enjoy the K12. It is a major success for Pardini in my opinion. A top class pistol with an elegant design. It's a shame there's something changed about the cylinders recently, making them over 30g heavier at the muzzle end from what I've read here, but not having tried one of those myself I can't guess whether that's a failing or not.
therider

Post by therider »

Gerard wrote: It's a shame there's something changed about the cylinders recently, making them over 30g heavier at the muzzle end from what I've read here, but not having tried one of those myself I can't guess whether that's a failing or not.
I have actually used both the new and the old cylinders and I contacted Pardini to be sure I could get the old one.

However, after shooting both of them, I have to say that I prefer the new cylinders. This extra weight at the muzzle gives me a much nicer feeling. This is against my expectations, as I preferred the sort of balance of the Walther LP400 and Steyr LP10.
I guess that this means that the more I shoot and the more my muscles improve, the more I like a bit of extra weight at the muzzle.

I guess that they have also changed the combination of the materials or surface treatment at the connection cylinders/pistol.
I can confirm that you can unscrew the new cylinders very smoothly, whereas the old one tend to stick.
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

I'd already read enough about this pistol to know that I want one. Now I want two.
Barini

Post by Barini »

I shoot with Pardini k12 for 2 months now.

Last week i won the GP the Lorraine in France with 578 and lots of thens in the final :-)

Pardini k12 is the best for me!

Some shooters like morini or steyr but for me personal its Pardini k12 :-)
therider

Post by therider »

Barini,
Have you deeply changed the grip? Or do you keep the Pardini peculiar shape?
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

Wasn't in the market for an AP and was happy with my Morini short elec. After 30 shots, I bought the K12. Recoil is non-existent compared to Morini and trigger feels much better to me. Hadn't switched to it yet because of too many important matches close together and not time to switch while still trying to qual for IPC world's. Now the qual matches are over and I'm looking forward to shooting the K12. Muzzle weight will take some getting used to but that is mostly due to me going from a shot to a long. The overall weight is lighter due to lack of electronics. Seeing more and more on the line at each IPC world cup.
Barini

Post by Barini »

therider wrote:Barini,
Have you deeply changed the grip? Or do you keep the Pardini peculiar shape?
I changed the grip to my hand with paste and a good "dremel".

I am dooing this for many years. For me its a matter of a few days to change the original grip into a personal grip.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

To do it right, you should dremmel and putty every grip. There are plenty of factory grips that feel pretty good but none will ever fit you the way it should. I'm kinda in between a med and a Lg. Had a med AP and a large SP grip. When Rink fit the grips for me I asked which was a better one to start with and he said it doesn't ever matter. You just either add material or take it away.
rrdstarr

Post by rrdstarr »

Yeah I am thinking of building up the grip on my Pardini and the sending it to Rink to have it duplicated. Just don't like the way a grip looks all gooped up with putty!

Unless Gerard can find me a good burl he can carve on! LOL! :-)
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

We'll get there, just seems a rare thing, a good tight grained bit of walnut burl.
nick marshall

Pardini K12

Post by nick marshall »

I too now own a Pardini K12.

Fancied buying myself something brand new and a bit different.
Think I have owned most of the top air pistols now, excluding the match gun.
Infact still have a bit of a selection inc. Steyr, Walther LP400 carbon and a long and short Morini 162ei.

It's early days, I am left handed and the one size factory grip isn't a bad fit, although as I usually get a Rink grip for my pistols, I have ordered one for the Pardini.

The gun is a pleasure to shoot, and own. Managed three 94/100 on the first day of shooting it for real. So I think it's going to be a keeper.
Front sight is a bit on the small side, so I have today ordered a couple of 5.0 front sights.
The reason for ordering two, as soon as I shot the pistol, I contacted the dealer and ordered a back up.
Don't need two really, but it takes the worry out of it all.
If I ever have a problem with the pistol, it's going to get sorted, but in the mean time, i can shoot the other one.
Also, I can have the spare set up with the Scatt sensor, without removing it every time I wanted to do some real shooting.

I would describe the Pardini it as a bit like a Morini in shape and ballance, but with more or less no recoil. Think it's quite forgiving. Struggling to call my shots, but as I have only shot it twice, and still fine tuning the sights and the trigger. I hope I will get better with that in time.

Trigger is now good. I guess it will get better as everything beds in. Only shot about 250 pellets so far. It was factory set with much too much 1st stage travel and second stage was rather heavy. Now takes the 500 gram test weight. I have readjusted the sear to like the Walther. That is a quarter or a turn from release.
There is no recommended factory setting according to our importer, but a half a turn on the sear engagement screw was way way too much and the trigger took a long drag to let off.
Don't think the trigger is quite as good as the SAM K14 I sold last week. That's a little known pistol, but I would say the best trigger on all the air pistols out there that I have owned. But that's another story.

I have also purchased a right hand factory grip for the Pardini as the importers has done me a good deal. Now I can let some of my mates try it out.
I am sure they will be impressed as I was. I know there are a few itching to have a go.

We are going to be seeing a lot more of these pistols appearing on the range over the next few years. I am sure of that.

Infact it was reading this Post that got me interested.

I will update this, when I have settled a bit more with it and once I have the bigger front sight and Rink grip fitted.
therider

Post by therider »

Nick ,
I have set less than a quarter of a turn for the sear engagement
nick marshall

Post by nick marshall »

therider wrote:Nick ,
I have set less than a quarter of a turn for the sear engagement
just tried that, trigger is crisper, had to adjust the second stage weight to compensate. Very pleased with the results.

thanks for your input.
therider

Post by therider »

nick marshall wrote: just tried that, trigger is crisper, had to adjust the second stage weight to compensate. Very pleased with the results.

thanks for your input.
You are welcome.

The k12 I was trying in Munich had a factory set up with very little sear engagement and after 50 pellets it was not engaging any more. After that little turn it has been shooting perfectly and with that great crisp release.