Feinwerkbau 600

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Fido82

Feinwerkbau 600

Post by Fido82 »

Hi.

I'm going to recive a Feinwerkbau 600 in the next couple of days.
Does anyone here have experience with different pellets to this airrifle.

What im searching for, is the smallest group possible.

I was thinking about h&n finale match pellets, but there are so many others, so if somebody knew the magic pellet, it would be super :)

Best regards
Fido82
salar600

Post by salar600 »

All rifles are different so try H&N, RWS or what ever you have in 4.50 and 4.49 and you should find something to your expectation.

Good luck
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

For example my FWB 700 LOVES H&N Pistol Pellets 4.50mm but doesn't like Meisterkugeln 4.50mm. You just gotta try a few out and see what your rifle likes and what you feel YOU can trust.
Andre

Post by Andre »

You have to test pellets yourself. This can be done by hand on a rest, or in a vise. Basically clamp it down and shoot groups with different pellets.

Here's some reading if your interested:

http://www.vogelusa.com/pellettesting.htm

http://www.straightshooters.com/choosin ... ellet.html

http://www.airgundepot.com/air-gun-pellets.html
justadude

Post by justadude »

As has already been pointed out there are numerous pellet manufacturers out there. Depending on the amount of time you have you could turn this into a fairly lengthy study of all the manufacturers, the different weights and sizes.

As has been implied, two of the exact same model of air gun can like some very different pellets and just like ammo, pellets can vary some from batch to batch. So by now you get that it can be very difficult to just say "use this" and be done.

The other thing about testing in a vise that is hard with the FWB 600 is that it can be very difficult to get the rifle back in the same spot from shot to shot as it is single stroke rifle that requires a pretty hefty stoke to pressurize.

Now, owning a Model 601, and having owned if for years I can say that mine likes RWS pellets. Get yourself a tin or two of RWS "Professional Line" pellets in 0.53g and 4.49mm dia and give them a try. Under the old integer scoring system I shot several mid 580s scores with those pellets. I cannot guarantee yours will like those pellets as much as mine but given they are brother and sister is it a good place to start.

Cheers,
'Dude
Fido82

Post by Fido82 »

Hi there.

Thank you for all your good replys and links, i appreciate this.

For testing, i have bought the following:
Geco Diabolo Sport 4,5mm
H&N Diabolos Sport 4,5mm
H&N Field Target Sampler, Testsortiment 4,5mm
H&N Match LG Diabolos 4,5mm
H&N Finale Match LG Diabolos 4,5mm
RWS Meisterkugeln LG Diabolos 4,5mm
RWS R10 Match LG Diabolos 4,5mm

So now i will start testing what fits it the best :)